updated transcripts ---> do they care? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
quick_question

New

updated transcripts ---> do they care?

Post by quick_question » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 pm

My apps are going out this week, so obviously, this semester's grades will not be on them. My LSAC GPA is 3.97.
I am considering taking a course pass/fail this semester (I am complete with undergrad in December and I hate one of my classes).

Question is: a) Will the schools be asking for updated transcripts in December? b) When they see that I have taken a course pass fail (this is my first one in all of Undergrad), are they going to care?
FWIW, I am applying to all t-14 except Berkeley and NW.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: updated transcripts ---> do they care?

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:34 pm

They will want updated transcripts and they won't really care if you take one or two pass/fails in UG, but if there are many of them, it's a little weird from what I've heard.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: updated transcripts ---> do they care?

Post by bp shinners » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 am

quick_question wrote: Question is: a) Will the schools be asking for updated transcripts in December? b) When they see that I have taken a course pass fail (this is my first one in all of Undergrad), are they going to care?
FWIW, I am applying to all t-14 except Berkeley and NW.
They'll ask after you enroll but before you start. If you get waitlisted/held, and you don't send in an update, they assume your GPA went down. Technically, you're contractually required to send that stuff in as it comes out, but no one does and no one really cares. No one will care about a P/F course (I had several my senior year while applying to law schools).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”