put published op ed in my resume? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tarh

New

put published op ed in my resume?

Post by tarh » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:34 pm

hello, have lurked for a while but this is my first post on TLS. Thanks to everyone for your help.

I recently had an op ed I wrote published in a newspaper. Does this go on my resume as a publication? If so, any idea how to cite it?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

WhirledWorld

Bronze

Re: put published op ed in my resume?

Post by WhirledWorld » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Would you be comfortable discussing your opinion with interviewers who may disagree with your opinion?

More importantly, was it published in a major newspaper? Or your campus newspaper or local newspaper? I would leave it off unless it was a major publication.

If you're going to cite it, use the Bluebook.

tarh

New

Post by tarh » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm

WhirledWorld wrote:Would you be comfortable discussing your opinion with interviewers who may disagree with your opinion?

More importantly, was it published in a major newspaper? Or your campus newspaper or local newspaper? I would leave it off unless it was a major publication.

It's an international paper but quite big in that part of the world. I assume there is no way I can indicate this?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 pm

tarh wrote:
WhirledWorld wrote:Would you be comfortable discussing your opinion with interviewers who may disagree with your opinion?

It's an international paper but quite big in that part of the world. I assume there is no way I can indicate this?
Depending on the subject matter, I would include it, blue booked. It probably won't make a big difference, but if someone does recognize the paper, that is the sort of person who would think it makes you interesting anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”