Fordham early admission deadline help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Charlie.Home

Bronze

Fordham early admission deadline help

Post by Charlie.Home » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:31 pm

I am retaking the Oct. LSAT, and will be very disappointed with any score less than 165 given my practice test performance.

That said, Fordham's deadline for early admission is October 15th. My June LSAT score was 160. Do you think I would be better off applying before the deadline with only my June score (and then Fordham will get my updated score once they are released)? Or- should I wait and apply in the regular cycle once I have both scores ready to go?

Please let me know what you think. I know 160 is way too low for Fordham, but it will get me in the early admission door. GPA: 3.4

vinnnyvincenzo

Bronze

Re: Fordham early admission deadline help

Post by vinnnyvincenzo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 pm

If you expect to do better just wait and RD and then if you do substantially better, say like 170 or higher, then you have a lot more options and probably dont want to be chained down attending Fordham.

Charlie.Home

Bronze

Post by Charlie.Home » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:59 pm

vinnnyvincenzo wrote:If you expect to do better just wait and RD and then if you do substantially better, say like 170 or higher, then you have a lot more options and probably dont want to be chained down attending Fordham.
Fordham early admission is non-binding

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't know anything about Fordham, but as far as other schools go (Cornell, Duke) applying non-binding EA gives no discernible boost. It's just a way for you to get your decision faster.

However, afaik if you mark that you are taking the Oct. LSAT on your application schools will hold on reviewing your app until they get your October score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”