LSAC GPA - Didn't count a low grade Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
westie25

Bronze

LSAC GPA - Didn't count a low grade

Post by westie25 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:02 am

I'm not complaining, but I was surprised that LSAC didn't count a 'D' in my GPA calculation. Is this common? Thanks to my Associate's degree & my academic work during my undergrad now, I only had a minimal GPA drop. My first year in college years ago resulted in a few 'C's and that lovely 'D,' and I was worried my GPA would drop a lot. Did LSAC possibly ignore the 'D,' because it was so long ago and my grades since then have been almost all 'A's with a few 'B's?
Last edited by westie25 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dowu

Platinum

Re: LSAC GPA - Didn't count a low grade

Post by dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 am

westie25 wrote:I'm not complaining, but I was surprised that LSAC didn't count a 'D' in my GPA calculation. Is this common? Thanks to my Associate's degree & my academic work during my undergrad now, I only had a minimal GPA drop (3.81 from a 3.89). My first year in college years ago resulted in a few 'C's and that lovely 'D,' and I was worried my GPA would drop a lot. Did LSAC possibly ignore the 'D,' because it was so long ago and my grades since then have been almost all 'A's with a few 'B's?
You should probably report it. I mean, you don't want this coming up at C&F, do you?

:lol:

powder

Silver

Post by powder » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:06 am

There's no time limit for grades, as far as I know. They counted college credit I earned in high school and that was almost a decade ago. You sent in all relevant transcripts, right? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps your D falls under an arcane rule which excludes it. I don't think it's very likely they screwed up. If you're really paranoid, read through LSAC's transcript policies.

http://www.lsac.org/policies/transcript ... zation.asp

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:01 am

As long as you submit all transcript and did not hide anything, I don't think it could screw up even at C&F.... :mrgreen:

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:03 am

lovejopd wrote:As long as you submit all transcript and did not hide anything, I don't think it could screw up even at C&F.... :mrgreen:
+1. I was just giving you a hard time OP. You did what you had to do. It's not your fault they fucked up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 am

They don't care how old it is, they counted my community college grades from 1993.
There may be some other reason they didn't count it, I don't know, but definitely not because it was old and you have better grades now, I can tell you that much.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:22 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
lovejopd wrote:As long as you submit all transcript and did not hide anything, I don't think it could screw up even at C&F.... :mrgreen:
+1. I was just giving you a hard time OP. You did what you had to do. It's not your fault they fucked up.
But if you notice the mess up and don't report it, that can create problems.

OP - call them up. If it's the only thing they didn't count, there's probably a reason for it. But better to get it straightened up now than when someone reviews your file 4 years from now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”