Add 4th LOR? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
drive4showLSAT4dough

Bronze

Add 4th LOR?

Post by drive4showLSAT4dough » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:38 pm

I graduated undergrad 2 years ago. I currently have 3 LORs in my file, all from professors. I believe them to be strong. Additionally, two Partners at my firm have offered to write me LORs.

I've read that some adcoms don't want more than 3 LORs. But, I also realize that without letters from my employers, the 2 years I've spent working may look somewhat empty.

Thoughts / Suggestions?

lilhugsy24

New

Re: Add 4th LOR?

Post by lilhugsy24 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Send the three best ones and save The other two for LOCI's. For schools like Northwestern sending one of the employer LORs and two profs might be good as they love WE. Just make sure they're strong letters and you should be good. That's just my opinion, but maybe someone else can jump in who has more knowledge than me. HTH and good luck with your cycle.

EvilClinton

Bronze

Re: Add 4th LOR?

Post by EvilClinton » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:01 pm

drive4showLSAT4dough wrote:I graduated undergrad 2 years ago. I currently have 3 LORs in my file, all from professors. I believe them to be strong. Additionally, two Partners at my firm have offered to write me LORs.

I've read that some adcoms don't want more than 3 LORs. But, I also realize that without letters from my employers, the 2 years I've spent working may look somewhat empty.

Thoughts / Suggestions?
Academic Letters >>> Professional Letters

Most schools won't read more than 2 letters either.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”