Application date Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Just

Bronze

Application date

Post by Just » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Can schools see the date we started apps on LSAC?
What if it took too long to go from 0% to 100% completed, will schools perceive this as sloppy? Is a week too long?
Thanks

Ti Malice

Gold

Re: Application date

Post by Ti Malice » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:48 pm

I remember having these same paranoid thoughts last year. Don't do this to yourself. You'll find hundreds of other utterly silly things to worry about if you don't find a way to assert some control over your stressed-out mind.

I opened my apps in mid-September. Life got really busy on a number of fronts, and I didn't finish my apps until just before Christmas. Everything worked out just fine.

pacifica

Bronze

Post by pacifica » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Just wrote:Can schools see the date we started apps on LSAC?
What if it took too long to go from 0% to 100% completed, will schools perceive this as sloppy? Is a week too long?
Thanks
No. If anything, it'd be the opposite effect. Started and transmitted within 10 minutes might be deemed careless and not having thought everything through...

Just

Bronze

Post by Just » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:46 pm

pacifica wrote:
Just wrote:Can schools see the date we started apps on LSAC?
Thanks
No. If anything, it'd be the opposite effect. Started and transmitted within 10 minutes might be deemed careless and not having thought everything through...
So they can see the date?

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:03 pm

i'd relax babe. they do not have the time or energy to worry about minuscule things like that so you should not stress yourself with it either. Start your apps when you are ready and send them when they are complete to your satisfaction. There is an open and close date for a reason; anything within that time frame is fine. (all issues of early apps get the worm aside).

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 am

Ti Malice wrote:I remember having these same paranoid thoughts last year. Don't do this to yourself. You'll find hundreds of other utterly silly things to worry about if you don't find a way to assert some control over your stressed-out mind.
And remember, without students, the law schools don't make money. They want to admit you so you pay your tuition and they make bank. Stop thinking of law schools as looking for any reason to reject you, as that's not the mindset they have going in (well, there are a few exceptions to that).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”