C and F addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zoomzoom88

Silver

C and F addendum

Post by zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 pm

On July 21, 2012 I was arrested for possession of under 50 grams of marijuana. I was given a Conditional Discharge and upon completion of a year probation the charge will be dismissed. I make no excuses for the events that occurred on that and have learned a lesson. I value my future as a professional and I will never place myself in a compromising position such as this again.

In October of 2011 I was charged with possession of a fake identification in Howard County, Maryland. I went and addressed the issue with the detective who issued the citation and all charges were dropped.

In April of 2011 I made an illegal right on red in College Park, Maryland. The officer ran my license and charged me with driving under a suspended New Jersey license. I was entirely unaware my license had been suspended. Upon review, I was informed I had an unpaid speeding ticket in my home state of New Jersey. I had not realized this had gone unpaid and rectified the situation immediately and my license was reinstated without issue. I presented the information to the Prince George County Traffic Court and the charge of driving under a suspended license was dismissed. I paid the fine for marking an illegal right on red and the situation was resolved.

side note: do you think this will play a large role in my application?

Yardbird

Silver

Re: C and F addendum

Post by Yardbird » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:21 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:On July 21, 2012 I was arrested for possession of under 50 grams of marijuana. I was given a Conditional Discharge and upon completion of a year probation the charge will be dismissed. I make no excuses for the events that occurred on that and have learned a lesson. I value my future as a professional and Iwill never place myself in such a compromising position such as thisagain.

In October of 2011 I was charged with possession of a fake identification in Howard County, Maryland. I went and addressed the issue with the detective who issued the citation.and aAll charges were dropped.

In April of 2011 I made an illegal right on red in College Park, Maryland. The officer ran my license and charged me with driving under a suspended New Jersey license. I was entirelyunaware my license had been suspended. Upon review, I was informed I had an unpaid speeding ticket in my home state of New Jersey. I had not realized this had gone unpaid and rectified the situation immediately and my license was reinstated without issue. I presented the information to the Prince George County Traffic Court and the charge of driving under a suspended license was dismissed. I paid the fine for marking making an illegal right on red and the situation was resolved.
Edits above.

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:52 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote: side note: do you think this will play a large role in my application?
Nothing is terrible individually, but everything is pretty recent -- most notably your six-week-old drug charge -- and having three separate issues starts to raise eyebrows. Additionally, your other thread indicates that you actually have quite a bit more than three issues to disclose, since you mentioned multiple speeding tickets (some schools ask for these) and two citations for unsafe motor vehicle operation.

I imagine this would be a non-negligible negative at least for YHS and for top schools with smaller class sizes that place more emphasis than most on non-numerical considerations. The quantity and recency of what are individually minor to very minor issues will probably raise questions about your judgment and maturity for some people.

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:56 pm

I am really looking to gain acceptance into Rutgers Newark or Seton Hall. My UGPA is 3.59 (3.28 lsdas) and I have a 161 on file.

I am currently editing my c and f but this is a draft of it.

On July 21, 2012 I was arrested for possession of under 50 grams of marijuana and possession of an open container of alcohol in public. The open container charge was dismissed. I was given a Conditional Discharge and upon completion of a year probation the charge will be dismissed. I make no excuses for the events that occurred on that night and have learned a lesson. I value my future as a professional and I will never place myself in a compromising position such as this again.

In June of 2012 I was in a minor car accident and received a ticket for reckless driving in Red Bank, NJ. After speaking to the prosecutor the charge was reduced and I plead guilty to Unsafe Operations of a Motor Vehicle, a no-point offense in New Jersey.

In October of 2011 I was charged with possession of a fake identification in Howard County, Maryland. I went and addressed the issue with the detective who issued the citation and all charges were dropped.

In April of 2011 I made an illegal right on red in College Park, Maryland. The officer ran my license and charged me with driving under a suspended New Jersey license. I was entirely unaware my license had been suspended. Upon review, I was informed I had an unpaid speeding ticket in New Jersey. I had not realized this had gone unpaid and rectified the situation immediately. My license was reinstated without issue. I presented the information to the Prince George County Traffic Court and the charge of driving under a suspended license was dismissed. I paid the fine for marking an illegal right on red and the situation was resolved.

In August of 2010 I received a speeding ticket for going 10 mph above the given limit. I thought I had paid this ticket but in the process of moving between homes had forgotten to do so. The unpaid ticket led to my license being suspended without my knowledge. I take full responsibility for not paying this in a timely manner.

In April of 2010 I received a speeding ticket for going 10 mph above the given limit.

In March of 2008 I received a ticket for reckless driving. I was an inexperienced driver and made an illegal left turn in Red Bank, NJ. In court the charge was reduced and I pled guilty to Unsafe Operations of a Motor Vehicle.

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Since your LSAT score is above median for both schools, and since both are going to be desperate to maintain medians next year, my guess is that you'll probably be fine. Just stop doing things that could make your addendum grow longer. On the other hand, do not fail to disclose anything that you need to disclose.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:03 pm

when the schools say "other than minor traffic violations" does this include speeding or not? i am unsure -- i know the theory is to just disclose but if i don't have to I'd rather not. (not trying to be shady it just seems like a waste of everyone's time to worry about a few speeding tickets from when I was a minor?

karich

New

Post by karich » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Last edited by karich on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:29 am

karich wrote:I have a question about this as well. Over the past 10 years I have 3 of those minor traffic violations that I was planning to disclose. 1 Running a red light, 1 Running a stop sign, and 1 speeding. The only problem is with the exception of the speeding ticket, I don't remember when they were. Is there a way to get a report that I can attach?
You can call up the town where it happened and get that information. Don't attach the report to the disclosure, however - they don't need it or want it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”