Quick CF Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lnh819

Bronze

Quick CF Question

Post by lnh819 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:09 pm

I have two moving violations on my driving record. One is a Failure to Control Speed and the other is a Failure to Yield Right of Way. The second violation did result in Deferred Adjudication. Do I need to mention these on my application? One school specified that Class C Misdemeanors such as these could be excluded but all the other schools just say "minor traffic violations" may be excluded. Does anybody have experience with this situation? I'm perfectly fine mentioning them but don't want to raise a red flag with the admissions committee unnecessarily!

Ti Malice

Gold

Re: Quick CF Question

Post by Ti Malice » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:20 pm

A limited number of minor traffic violations is not a red flag. Reckless driving, DUI/DWI, and a large number of moving violations are all red flags. Unless the language of the application specifically excludes minor traffic violations, you should disclose. Disclosing won't cause you any problems, but failing to disclose even something minor like a speeding ticket when you were required to do so will cause you plenty of stress in a few years.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”