Importance of Senior Grades for K-JDs? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawyerdude

New

Importance of Senior Grades for K-JDs?

Post by lawyerdude » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Hey guys, I'm currently a college senior and applying to law school in the next cycle. My GPA up to the end of the summer session has been solid, and I'm wondering how important this year's grades are. I figure that law schools will only see up to the the last two summer courses I recently took, and thus I should be able to relax a little senior year. Is this true? Obviously I won't slack off, but I'm currently studying for the October LSATs and would like to know if I can loosen up a little so I don't burn out this semester.

LeDique

Diamond

Re: Importance of Senior Grades for K-JDs?

Post by LeDique » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Pretty close to zero.

ETA: unless they go off a cliff.

bobbyh1919

Silver

Post by bobbyh1919 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 pm

lawyerdude wrote:Hey guys, I'm currently a college senior and applying to law school in the next cycle. My GPA up to the end of the summer session has been solid, and I'm wondering how important this year's grades are. I figure that law schools will only see up to the the last two summer courses I recently took, and thus I should be able to relax a little senior year. Is this true? Obviously I won't slack off, but I'm currently studying for the October LSATs and would like to know if I can loosen up a little so I don't burn out this semester.
Your performance on the LSAT is absolutely far more important than your senior year grades and you should budget your time accordingly.

lawyerdude

New

Post by lawyerdude » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks. Has anyone heard of anyone admitted to law school who got rescinded?

Rock4321

New

Post by Rock4321 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:29 am

lawyerdude wrote:Thanks. Has anyone heard of anyone admitted to law school who got rescinded?
I have not. Bear in mind that you may want to send this semester's grades to the law schools you apply at if they haven't already given you a decision by late December or January. However, I wholeheartedly agree that studying for the LSAT should be your main focus right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”