LSAC GPA Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
seanoh

New

LSAC GPA

Post by seanoh » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:52 am

I am curious about the LSAC gpa. I took some remedial math classes in community college, Elementary Algebra a 5 unit course I got a C in and Intermediate Algebra another 5 unit course I got another C in. They do show on my community college transcripts. If they are included into my GPA I will have a 3.41 but if they are not included I will have stand at a 3.53. So does anybody know if they will be counted?

gaud

Platinum

Re: LSAC GPA

Post by gaud » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am

I'm confused, why wouldn't they be included?

I'd assume they will be.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:57 am

I think (s)he thinks they may not count because (s)he didnt get actual credit for them. They were only pre reqs to take college math. Is that right?

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:01 am

I think there is something about remedial classes not counting, but it might depend on what they look like on your transcripts (i.e. if they are obviously remedial or just look like regular math classes). LSAC can be a bit of a black box--the only thing you can really do is send all the transcripts and see how they feel like calculating it.

To clarify, a class won't be ignored just because you took it at a community college.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

seanoh

New

Post by seanoh » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:03 am

Correct, I only needed to take them in order to take a college level math course required for transfer. I know that my transferring school did not calculate the grades into my GPA but I understand my LSAC gpa is done differently.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:05 am

seanoh wrote:Correct, I only needed to take them in order to take a college level math course required for transfer. I know that my transferring school did not calculate the grades into my GPA but I understand my LSAC gpa is done differently.
I added this above, but to clarify: LSAC doesn't ignore a class just because you took it at a CC and didn't transfer the credits. A truly remedial class might not be counted (I am not 100% sure on this), but regular CC grades count.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:06 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
seanoh wrote:Correct, I only needed to take them in order to take a college level math course required for transfer. I know that my transferring school did not calculate the grades into my GPA but I understand my LSAC gpa is done differently.
I added this above, but to clarify: LSAC doesn't ignore a class just because you took it at a CC and didn't transfer the credits. A truly remedial class might not be counted (I am not 100% sure on this), but regular CC grades count.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”