What happens if I drop out now? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
autocratech

New

What happens if I drop out now?

Post by autocratech » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Long story short some extenuating circumstances came up in my family and it's made it even clearer to me that law school isn't right for me at this time. We are currently halfway into orientation and classes start on Monday.

If I drop out now, will it show up to other law schools later on that I was enrolled and withdrew?

Thanks

pinkcamellia

Silver

Re: What happens if I drop out now?

Post by pinkcamellia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 pm

autocratech wrote:Long story short some extenuating circumstances came up in my family and it's made it even clearer to me that law school isn't right for me at this time. We are currently halfway into orientation and classes start on Monday.

If I drop out now, will it show up to other law schools later on that I was enrolled and withdrew?

Thanks
Nope, you're good to go. You can get a full refund on any loans, too.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 am

You can also probably defer indefinitely, depending on the school.

Good luck no matter what you choose!

cutecarmel

Silver

Post by cutecarmel » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:38 pm

autocratech wrote:Long story short some extenuating circumstances came up in my family and it's made it even clearer to me that law school isn't right for me at this time. We are currently halfway into orientation and classes start on Monday.

Thanks
Possibly, but I doubt it will hurt you if you want to apply later. Shit happens.

Make sure you formally withdraw from school in the required amount of time because they could still charge you for tuition if you don't

Good luck with everything!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”