How to solicit fee waivers? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rglifberg

Bronze

How to solicit fee waivers?

Post by rglifberg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:58 am

How do you go about doing this? Also, can this be done for reach schools? Or do they only give fee waivers to auto-admit applicants? I want to throw in a few hail mary applications but i don't really want to pay the fees.

laura2011

New

Re: How to solicit fee waivers?

Post by laura2011 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:00 am

tag

cassielam

New

Post by cassielam » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:18 am

also wondering as well if anyone could offer info!

specialsnowflake

New

Post by specialsnowflake » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:27 am

Here is the format I used last cycle. I'm assuming you're talking about merit-based fee waivers.

Good morning,

My name is specialsnowflake and I was wondering if (schoolname) offered merit-based application fee waivers, and if I would qualify for one. I recently received my October 2011 LSAT score of xxx. I graduated this past May with an LSDAS GPA of x.xx. My LSAC account number is Lxxxxxxxx.

Thank you for your help,

specialsnowflake

Edit: and for the record, pretty much all of the schools I used this e-mail to gave me fee waivers if they did in fact give merit-based. Except for Rutgers-Camden, I accidentally called them Rutgers-Newark. What pretentious jerks 8)

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 am

The above format is basically fine. Regarding reach schools they are apt to give you waivers as you might not normally apply and it is to their advantage to get you to app so they can decline you and boost their selectivity. Many if not most schools will only use CRS though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:27 pm

specialsnowflake wrote:Here is the format I used last cycle. I'm assuming you're talking about merit-based fee waivers.

Good morning,

My name is specialsnowflake and I was wondering if (schoolname) offered merit-based application fee waivers, and if I would qualify for one. I recently received my October 2011 LSAT score of xxx. I graduated this past May with an LSDAS GPA of x.xx. My LSAC account number is Lxxxxxxxx.

Thank you for your help,

specialsnowflake

Edit: and for the record, pretty much all of the schools I used this e-mail to gave me fee waivers if they did in fact give merit-based. Except for Rutgers-Camden, I accidentally called them Rutgers-Newark. What pretentious jerks 8)
But then they accepted you in July anyways.

specialsnowflake

New

Post by specialsnowflake » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:
specialsnowflake wrote:Here is the format I used last cycle. I'm assuming you're talking about merit-based fee waivers.

Good morning,

Thank you for your help,

specialsnowflake

But then they accepted you in July anyways.
Ironically, yes, they did :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”