Management Consulting WE Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jhk634

New

Management Consulting WE

Post by jhk634 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:47 am

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of anything regarding post-UG work experience at a management consulting firm (like McKinsey, Bain, BCG) and how that played into admissions into law school. So far, I have heard that the only place where that would factor in would be NW, but I am curious if it holds true in any sense for HYS.

IAFG

Platinum

Re: Management Consulting WE

Post by IAFG » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:52 am

Every school is going to like it. No one (not even NU) is going to view it as a game-changer (in the sense that you will overcome auto-reject numbers on the basis of it).

$$$$$$

Bronze

Post by $$$$$$ » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:05 am

Probably looks good for Stanford as they are a school that relishes the start-up. MBB picks people with raw intellectual horsepower and that always looks good. It will look much better though for employment purposes, should get a huge boost for OCI.

jhk634

New

Post by jhk634 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:10 pm

My impression from most is that the "helpful for OCI, not so much for admissions" mantra for valuable WE holds true for MBB consultant applicants. Any people able to confirm/deny this (either that it doesn't help with OCI or that it does help with admissions)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”