Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GoldenGriffin

New

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Post by GoldenGriffin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Also, just received UChicago waiver today via e-mail.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Looks like WUSTL didn't actually waive fees after all.

I'm trying to submit now and they wanna charge me $70, even though last month it was free. Any news on this?

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Looks like WUSTL didn't actually waive fees after all.

I'm trying to submit now and they wanna charge me $70, even though last month it was free. Any news on this?
Maybe it was one of those limited time offers like American. They're offering no app fee if you apply between certain dates.

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Have you sent them an email asking? This is pretty disgusting if true.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:04 pm

cahwc12 wrote:

I'm currently on hold (and by currently, I mean for the past month :evil: ) with LSAC waiting to see if they approve my fee waiver, but I'm definitely competitive for a merit based fee waiver. Was there actually a news story about them waiving the fee for the entire cycle, or could it have just been a "Hey, apply in September and it's free" thing?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:25 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:

I'm currently on hold (and by currently, I mean for the past month :evil: ) with LSAC waiting to see if they approve my fee waiver, but I'm definitely competitive for a merit based fee waiver. Was there actually a news story about them waiving the fee for the entire cycle, or could it have just been a "Hey, apply in September and it's free" thing?
Before you asked I'd have said I'm certain thy waived for the whole cycle, but my info is actually based merely on the spreadsheet... now I'm not sure!

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:04 pm

I tried to solicit a waiver in August and they told me they were not charging a fee "this year" (exact words). I applied in September and was not charged a fee.

TrialLawyer16

Bronze

Post by TrialLawyer16 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Crowing wrote:I tried to solicit a waiver in August and they told me they were not charging a fee "this year" (exact words). I applied in September and was not charged a fee.
That's foul. They're not doing their reputation any favors

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 am

Crowing wrote:I tried to solicit a waiver in August and they told me they were not charging a fee "this year" (exact words). I applied in September and was not charged a fee.
Yet people are now being charged a fee??? I think that's worth a phone call or e-mail to WUSTL admissions for anyone who hasn't yet applied. If they hear the "but you guys said it was free..." thing often enough, they might realize they fucked up and just give out waivers to whomever asks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Unsolicited NU this morning.

TrialLawyer16

Bronze

Post by TrialLawyer16 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 am

Yukos wrote:Unsolicited NU this morning.
+1

They def did another round of waivers. I didn't get the email yet, but a few days ago found a hidden that wasn't there before.

geary86

Bronze

Post by geary86 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:28 am

Got ND fee waiver yesterday :D

"I invite you to consider Notre Dame Law School as you make plans for your legal education and career. From information provided by the Law School Admission Council, it appears that you are a highly competitive candidate for our admissions process. To alleviate the financial burden of applying to Notre Dame, we have waived your application fee and have notified LSDAS regarding this waiver."

foosbol21

Bronze

Post by foosbol21 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 am

geary86 wrote:Got ND fee waiver yesterday :D

"I invite you to consider Notre Dame Law School as you make plans for your legal education and career. From information provided by the Law School Admission Council, it appears that you are a highly competitive candidate for our admissions process. To alleviate the financial burden of applying to Notre Dame, we have waived your application fee and have notified LSDAS regarding this waiver."
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 am

Unsolicited waiver at St. Thomas in Miami.

TrialLawyer16

Bronze

Post by TrialLawyer16 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Has anybody else read their applications right before they sent them in and just kind of thought to yourself "Wow, that's a great app"? I just had that feeling. It's like, this is what all my research was for... Reading all those personal statement guides, attending the LSAC Forums, speaking with school reps, and hours and hours of research on TLS. It's like no matter what happens, whether I get rejected or accepted, I feel like I've done the absolute best I could have done and left no stone unturned. It's such a freeing feeling

elterrible78

Silver

Post by elterrible78 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:29 pm

TrialLawyer16 wrote:Has anybody else read their applications right before they sent them in and just kind of thought to yourself "Wow, that's a great app"? I just had that feeling. It's like, this is what all my research was for... Reading all those personal statement guides, attending the LSAC Forums, speaking with school reps, and hours and hours of research on TLS. It's like no matter what happens, whether I get rejected or accepted, I feel like I've done the absolute best I could have done and left no stone unturned. It's such a freeing feeling
Glad you are having that feeling! I always have the exact opposite feeling, ha!

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Hey all,

I could use some help with a semester project if you have 5-10 minutes of free time. Head to this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=196453. Think of it as a way of saying thanks for the upkeep of this spreadsheet and the decision date graphs!

- shadowofjazz

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
TrialLawyer16 wrote:Has anybody else read their applications right before they sent them in and just kind of thought to yourself "Wow, that's a great app"? I just had that feeling. It's like, this is what all my research was for... Reading all those personal statement guides, attending the LSAC Forums, speaking with school reps, and hours and hours of research on TLS. It's like no matter what happens, whether I get rejected or accepted, I feel like I've done the absolute best I could have done and left no stone unturned. It's such a freeing feeling
Glad you are having that feeling! I always have the exact opposite feeling, ha!
Lol me too. I just have to not think about it because I'll drive myself nuts over the next few days making more mental edits.
shadowofjazz wrote:Hey all,

I could use some help with a semester project if you have 5-10 minutes of free time. Head to this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=196453. Think of it as a way of saying thanks for the upkeep of this spreadsheet and the decision date graphs!

- shadowofjazz
Well it only took me like 5 seconds to "help" =P

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Crowing wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:Hey all,

- shadowofjazz
Well it only took me like 5 seconds to "help" =P
That might happen depending on what you answer.

Also, my midterms are officially over tomorrow so I will be rolling out some more updates (medians mostly at this point since all apps are open)

JohnMarshall17

Bronze

Post by JohnMarshall17 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Just received a Northwestern waiver. They didn't send me one in the first batch. Thus, there is hope for those who did not take the October LSAT and also failed to receive some waivers the first time around.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:56 am

Just received an unsolicited fee waiver from Tulane (a school that wasn't even on my radar. Go figure.).

Does anyone else occasionally forget that they've applied to a school? I do that sometimes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:58 am

danitt wrote:Just received an unsolicited fee waiver from Tulane (a school that wasn't even on my radar. Go figure.).

Does anyone else occasionally forget that they've applied to a school? I do that sometimes.
I got their fee waiver, too. I actually forwarded it to shntn with the subject "I forgot they had a law school"

Still not sure if I'll apply.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
danitt wrote:Just received an unsolicited fee waiver from Tulane (a school that wasn't even on my radar. Go figure.).

I got their fee waiver, too. I actually forwarded it to shntn with the subject "I forgot they had a law school"

Was yours all about how great it is to be LGBTQ at Tulane?

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:06 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

I know someone who went from Wharton to Tulane Law. o_O

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 am

danitt wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Was yours all about how great it is to be LGBTQ at Tulane?
Yep.
shntn wrote:I know someone who went from Wharton to Tulane Law. o_O
laxbrah?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”