LSAT Score Held Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rascalicious

New

LSAT Score Held

Post by Rascalicious » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:00 pm

For some reason LSAC has put a hold on my account and won't release my June LSAT score.
I purchased the June LSAT with my own money but I realized I qualified for a fee waiver and decided to apply for one a couple of weeks before taking the June LSAT. I used the conditional fee waiver from LSAC to purchase the CAS about two weeks ago because I desperately wanted to see my Academic Summary Report. On that same day I requested the documentation I needed to send LSAC from the IRS figuring that even if the IRS didn't get the documents to me by (07/01) that the worst thing that could happen would be not being able to send my law school reports out.

Anyway, I got an email today from LSAC and instead of getting my LSAT score they told me the wouldn't release it until the hold was resolved (because of the money owed for the CAS I purchased with the waiver that was cancelled). So not only did I not get to see my Academic Summary Report but my LSAT score is also being held.

I'm going to get the fee waiver reactivated once the documentation from the IRS comes in (any day now) and I'm sure LSAC will resolve this with me tomorrow morning but I just don't think it's fair that I have to wait for my LSAT score when it has nothing to do with the hold seeing as I paid for it with my own money. Does this seem fair to you?

ben4847

Silver

Re: LSAT Score Held

Post by ben4847 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Fair or not, I'll agree it stinks.

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Rascalicious wrote:For some reason LSAC has put a hold on my account and won't release my June LSAT score.
I purchased the June LSAT with my own money but I realized I qualified for a fee waiver and decided to apply for one a couple of weeks before taking the June LSAT. I used the conditional fee waiver from LSAC to purchase the CAS about two weeks ago because I desperately wanted to see my Academic Summary Report. On that same day I requested the documentation I needed to send LSAC from the IRS figuring that even if the IRS didn't get the documents to me by (07/01) that the worst thing that could happen would be not being able to send my law school reports out.

Anyway, I got an email today from LSAC and instead of getting my LSAT score they told me the wouldn't release it until the hold was resolved (because of the money owed for the CAS I purchased with the waiver that was cancelled). So not only did I not get to see my Academic Summary Report but my LSAT score is also being held.

I'm going to get the fee waiver reactivated once the documentation from the IRS comes in (any day now) and I'm sure LSAC will resolve this with me tomorrow morning but I just don't think it's fair that I have to wait for my LSAT score when it has nothing to do with the hold seeing as I paid for it with my own money. Does this seem fair to you?
Maybe they read the other threads on you wanting to cheat or hold the proctor hostage...

Rascalicious

New

Post by Rascalicious » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I admit I made a stupid mistake by purchasing CAS like that but still..... :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”