what exactly are (too) easy courses? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dowu

Platinum

Re: what exactly are (too) easy courses?

Post by dowu » Tue May 22, 2012 2:23 pm

:shock: :shock:
Last edited by dowu on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Artinka

New

Post by Artinka » Tue May 22, 2012 2:29 pm

I really apologize -- I did not mean to start a discussion as to whether I am a troll or not -- heck, now it really looks as if I was 8)

And yes, I am studying for B.A. in Psych, not B.S., but at UCB in Letters & Science college we do not have another option.

Really thanks for sincere replies -- I am just enrolled in 1/2 of courses of the next semester and was thinking if it was necessary to take any harder class as certain users would lead me to believe in other threads to fill my schedule (I mean, I did not know how much metaphorically the notorious "basket weaving" courses were truly meant), so I posted this post. Anyway, good to see that psych doesn't have a reputation as an easy major!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Artinka wrote:Anyway, good to see that psych doesn't have a reputation as an easy major!
Yes it does.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Social work

Artinka

New

Post by Artinka » Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Artinka wrote:Anyway, good to see that psych doesn't have a reputation as an easy major!
Yes it does.
:) As long as it doesn't matter in order for me to get into law school, I am happy to take an easy route 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Tue May 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Artinka wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Yes it does.
:) As long as it doesn't matter in order for me to get into law school, I am happy to take an easy route 8)
Yup. The major doesnt matter - it's your GPA that does.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Artinka wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Yes it does.
So why did you write that it was good to see

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Tue May 22, 2012 2:46 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Yes it does.
Yeah psych really gets a bad rep even though the pre reqs are hard as shit. Why they made my gf take calc 1, 2 stats 1,2 is beyond my grasp.
and they have to write almost as much as us sociology majors. Might just be at my ug though.

Artinka

New

Post by Artinka » Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
Artinka wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Yes it does.
So why did you write that it was good to see
It was because some people here seemed to be really adamant as to claiming how many science courses psych majors have to take...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Tue May 22, 2012 3:59 pm

bruss wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Yes it does.
Yeah psych really gets a bad rep even though the pre reqs are hard as shit. Why they made my gf take calc 1, 2 stats 1,2 is beyond my grasp.
and they have to write almost as much as us sociology majors. Might just be at my ug though.
Wait, you're a sociology major? Get the fuck out of here.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Tue May 22, 2012 4:24 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
bruss wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Yes it does.
Wait, you're a sociology major? Get the fuck out of here.
Lol and what are your preconceived notions of soc majors?

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Tue May 22, 2012 4:26 pm

bruss wrote:Lol and what are your preconceived notions of soc majors?
None bro! You're straight. Just keep that GPA up! It shouldnt be too difficult with that... well, you know. :)

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Tue May 22, 2012 4:30 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
None bro! You're straight. Just keep that GPA up! :)
Nah lsac threw my gpa in the shitter and I have already graduated. Thx for the words of encouragement though. Hopefully I score above my pt avg of 166, wouldn't want to look like a total failure on a test of natural logic and reading comprehension.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Tue May 22, 2012 4:33 pm

bruss wrote:
nmop_apisdn wrote:
bruss wrote:When did I ever say everyone lies about stuff? And when have I falsely accused someone if lying on this forum?
I certainly didnt say that you said everyone lies about stuff, nor did I say that you ever falsely accused someone of lying on this forum. Further, I said that not everyone lies. If your take away from that was that I believe that you think everyone lies, then I don't know what to tell you. I do believe, however, that the OP is not a troll. I've seen a lot of posts by trolls and this one was not really suspect in any conspicuous way to make that assertion.
bruss wrote:The ad hominem is disgusting, but was put into good use; great noise.
Ad hominem this, bruss: YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON and no one likes you, regardless of your valid contention that DH lied.

The OP was posting about easy classes she was thinking about taking, and that she might lack difficult courses ITE. Your critical analysis was completely unnecessary, whether she's a troll or not.

Also, who the fuck sent you as the search party to see if she needed math or science? The OP could have been doing a BA in psych, which would only require a lower level math and science classes that are "not hard". These things combined, plus a lot of your other posts, indicate that you're a fucking cynic.

ahahahahah wow. Ok when someone posts about being a liberal arts major and then the next sentence is that they haven't and most likely will not take a math or science class make me suspicious.

And bro this isn't the lounge man. No need for the name calling Lolz
I'm also a Lib arts major (history and int studies) and never took math or sci in college. Double major reduced lib learning requirements and APs filled the rest. It's probably more common that you think-esp for students at state schools with nice AP policies.

And to answer the OP, I don't think my easier course load affected my admissions cycle in the least. You're fine. :)

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Tue May 22, 2012 4:48 pm

bruss wrote:
nmop_apisdn wrote:
None bro! You're straight. Just keep that GPA up! :)
Nah lsac threw my gpa in the shitter and I have already graduated. Thx for the words of encouragement though. Hopefully I score above my pt avg of 166, wouldn't want to look like a total failure on a test of natural logic and reading comprehension.
lol, sociology bro. Good shit. I havent taken the LSAT yet, but I'm shooting for a 170+ come October.

Augusta

New

Post by Augusta » Tue May 22, 2012 4:51 pm

My question is: do harder classes make an individual more intelligent and well informed, or do they just eat up a lot of time with pointless busy work?

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Augusta wrote:My question is: do harder classes make an individual more intelligent and well informed, or do they just eat up a lot of time with pointless busy work?
What? No, they don't make you more intelligent. Ridiculous.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hookem7

Bronze

Post by hookem7 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Augusta wrote:My question is: do harder classes make an individual more intelligent and well informed, or do they just eat up a lot of time with pointless busy work?
In my experience, the "easy" classes are the ones with the frustrating busywork grades.

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Tue May 22, 2012 5:01 pm

hookem7 wrote:
In my experience, the "easy" classes are the ones with the frustrating busywork grades.
Yeah at my ug they try to make them early as shit also

PBateman1

Bronze

Post by PBateman1 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Classes I have taken in the past few semesters:
Intro to Weight Lifting
Intermediate Weight Lifting
Walking and Jogging
Intro to Theatre
Being Human

At my school there is a flat rate for being a full time student so I don't see why I shouldn't take BS classes to inflate my GPA. I'd highly recommend it to others as well, especially if you hurt your GPA early on by not taking school as seriously as you should have. In the fall I'll be taking a yoga class.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm

PBateman1 wrote:Classes I have taken in the past few semesters:
Intro to Weight Lifting
Walking and Jogging
Intro to Theatre
Being Human

At my school there is a flat rate for being a full time student so I don't see why I shouldn't take BS classes to inflate my GPA. I'd highly recommend it to others as well, especially if you hurt your GPA early on by not taking school as seriously as you should have. In the fall I'll be taking a yoga class.
The bolded aren't actually courses at your undergrad... are they? Please tell me you're trolling.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Wed May 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Let's see...I took the following courses as electives:

Music of The Beatles
Music of Elvis
The Beatles after The Beatles

But then again, I went to ASU :P

PBateman1

Bronze

Post by PBateman1 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:14 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
PBateman1 wrote:Classes I have taken in the past few semesters:
Intro to Weight Lifting
Walking and Jogging
Intro to Theatre
Being Human

The bolded aren't actually courses at your undergrad... are they? Please tell me you're trolling.
I am not trolling. Other classes that I won't have time to take include Beg/Int/Adv Swimming, Golf, Tennis, Soccer, and Martial Arts. Had I entered college knowing how important my GPA would be to my future I've taken them all.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Is Being Human an anatomy class or do they just teach you how to be a person? Ya know, eating, breathing, all the essentials.

PBateman1

Bronze

Post by PBateman1 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:00 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Is Being Human an anatomy class or do they just teach you how to be a person? Ya know, eating, breathing, all the essentials.
Basically a weird name for Intro to Philosophy. Read Aristotle, Plato, Rorty, Rousseau, etc. It was actually really interesting but also known for being an easy A.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”