Law school in Hawaii (does anyone actually go?) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jas1503

Bronze

Law school in Hawaii (does anyone actually go?)

Post by jas1503 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:44 pm

How are graduates/students of Hawaii Law school viewed in general? I keep reading about a negative opinion that people whom haven't gone to Hawaii have about people whom decide to pursue an advance degree there.

Can anyone speak about job prospects for those who attend Hawaii Law? How's the reputation?

dingbat

Gold

Re: Law school in Hawaii (does anyone actually go?)

Post by dingbat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:53 pm

jas1503 wrote:How are graduates/students of Hawaii Law school viewed in general? I keep reading about a negative opinion that people whom haven't gone to Hawaii have about people whom decide to pursue an advance degree there.

Can anyone speak about job prospects for those who attend Hawaii Law? How's the reputation?
I think the general consensus is that if you're from Hawaii and want to practice in Hawaii, you should go to Hawaii but if you're not from Hawaii and do not want to practice in Hawaii you should not go to Hawaii

realhero

New

Post by realhero » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:05 pm

dingbat wrote:
jas1503 wrote:How are graduates/students of Hawaii Law school viewed in general? I keep reading about a negative opinion that people whom haven't gone to Hawaii have about people whom decide to pursue an advance degree there.

I think the general consensus is that if you're from Hawaii and want to practice in Hawaii, you should go to Hawaii but if you're not from Hawaii and do not want to practice in Hawaii you should not go to Hawaii
+1
/thread

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Great usage of whom. Very nice.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 pm

dingbat wrote:

Same can be said for every TTT

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Nova wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Nah, there are plenty of TTTs where that's not true (e.g. NYLS, Nova, Thomas Jefferson)

Basically, if it's the only school feeding into a particular region, it's ok, but if it's a TTT in a large (saturated) market, then it most definitely is not good

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:02 pm

dingbat wrote:
Nova wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Nah, there are plenty of TTTs where that's not true (e.g. NYLS, Nova, Thomas Jefferson)

Basically, if it's the only school feeding into a particular region, it's ok, but if it's a TTT in a large (saturated) market, then it most definitely is not good

Agreed. Many* would be the appropriate word choice. I set myself up for that one, with such a sweeping generalization.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 pm

I set myself up for that one, with such a sweeping generalization.
:P happens all the time :P

Smumps

Bronze

Post by Smumps » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Hawaiian here, from Hawaii. People definitely go - it's very well respected in Hawaii. Considering I'd love to end up back home, I thought about it. PM me if you have any questions about it (the LS, where to live, whatever).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”