i am always in love Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lizzy1280

New

Post by lizzy1280 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Columbia: This girl is smart and put-together. A bit on the nerdy side, she was never part of that super-exclusive clique, but she’s still selective in the guys she dates. She doesn’t keep her place very clean, but you don’t care – as long as you get to sleep over. She has a rivalry with her sister (who lives not too far away), but it stays friendly most of the time. She’s very white and Jewish and dates mostly in her fold, but claims to like “ethnic” guys. Your friends have heard about people in her family and think they’re a bit crazy – they tend to be controversial. She and her family love to invite guests. Be prepared to have dinner with an evil dictator every once in a while.

i think this is me. maybe i should go to columbia....

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:48 pm

Wake Forest has always been that girl who thought she was the best looking girl in school. Sure she had a good personality outside of her conceited self-image, but she's only so so. You ask her out, just for shits and giggles, and realize the date wasn't so bad. Not only that, but she has fallen head over heels for you. You can seal the deal and lock in the vows without even buying the engagement ring. In fact, her dad's willing to pay for everything, put the two of you in a nice house, and give you a decent hometown job right after the ceremony. While you could tie the knot with Wake and never worry about money, Columbia, Duke, and Chicago are all looking your way when you walk by with her and you would love to try one (or each) of them out. With Wake, the future is clear, hometown life, comfortable, but you can't shake yourself of the fact that you're settling on mediocrity. You end up ditching her at the ceremony and run off with that cute country girl Vanderbilt for the weekend, drink it off with your buddies for a few days and turn off your cell. Afterward, you start a relationship with Chicago to see how things go...

lazyboy

New

Post by lazyboy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:22 pm

the funniest thing i have read in a long time. bump

lazyboy

New

Post by lazyboy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:30 pm

so i am sitting in my apartment in seoul, i reply to bump the thread and there is a knock on the door. it is box of christmas cookies from my mom(thanks mom). the only other thing she put in the box is a form letter offering a scholarship from guess where... florida coastal. she got to my parents.

this girl is starting to really freak me out.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Re: STANFORD, the closeted gay dude!

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:10 pm

Quote:
stanford: he's the boy that's always been quiet. always handsome and smart, though soft-spoken, he's the one who's best friends with the other good looking guys. he might get fewer girls because nitpicky than his friends, but get to know him and you will fall in love. you don't hear him talked a lot about and wonder why no one else is going for him. so you think that if you pursue, maybe he'll date you... but he ends up stringing you along and then not calling.

Here's a little tip- it sounds like Stanford's in the closet. If he doesn't call you, it's not because you aren't genuinely great- he's just into different tail than his buddies Harvard and Yale are. He wishes he could tell you this, but he wants everyone to think he's just like his friends. So he'll string you along for a while to keep up appearances, until you figure out it's never gonna happen- even though, by all rights, it should. You'll be alright- you'll wind up with a Harvard of your own, or maybe a nice Columbia or Chicago. Sure, from time to time you might find yourself wishing you could have been the one to change Stanford, but you realize it was never really possible. Besides, deep down you know you're better off- as much as Stanford had going for him, and as much as he had a couple great characteristics that you don't see in other guys, you know he couldn't give you what you really need the way some of his pals can. So you mostly just wish the best for him and hold no ill-will.
This is such a funny thread. I almost got kicked out of the library for laughing so hard. I love the Stanford description, as it suggests that I might be able to hook up with Stanford after all!

HERE'S MY QUESTION: Does Stanford secretly lust after tall, muscular cuties? :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HonoluluHopeful

New

Post by HonoluluHopeful » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:13 pm

the only other thing she put in the box is a form letter offering a scholarship from guess where... florida coastal.
I got it too. I saw it first from afar and thought "$5,000 - $20,000 Scholarship Offer Inside" said "$5.00 - $20.00 Offer Inside."

I thought, "Oh joy!!! I finally got the Alabamba iTunes offer! How happy I am they thought of me!"

Unfortunately it was hardcopy spam from Florida Coastal.

Haribo

Bronze

Post by Haribo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:57 pm

McGill: No one ever really talks about him, but the hint of internationalism, excitement, and intrigue keeps drawing me back. I know it would never work out - after all, I don't speak his language. But really, communication is overrated, right?

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:29 am

Miami: During the summer, everything's great. You have an excellent summer fling, with Miami, and it seemed amazing. You remember holding her in your arms on the beach, thinking the moment would last forever. The tranquility of the open skies, the gentle waves crashing to shore, words are not needed as you made love to every inch of her beautiful body on that sandy shore... And yet somehow, the summer fades away. Fall comes along, and then the first signs of winter; and she still looks great, but you notice that when it comes time to chat, there's just nothing to talk about. It's not that you don't share interests, you both want the same things, but she just isn't up to your level. As winter sets in for good, you make the decision to go back to Minnesota. She may have had that club foot, but at least you could talk to her, and you leave behind the memories of that amazing summer, as just another summer fling.

i dont even know

New

Post by i dont even know » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:30 am

Columbia- Columbia and I dated freshmen year of high school. She bought us tickets to a weezer concert. Columbia liked me when it was cool to wear cargo shorts. We rented Titanic and watched it like six times in a row. Columbia's dad walked in on me feeling her up (outside the shirt). He quietly told me to leave. On my way out I heard him say "its time for you to grow up." after that he set her up with this rich jewish guy. for the rest of high school she never made eye contact with me in the hallway. her wedding was just in the New York Times. The description mentioned that her dress was made by Vera Wang and that her dad convinced Devo to reunite to play the wedding.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:33 am

Guys doing the same schools over and over takes zero skill and takes away from the fun of the concept.

The key is to outline ideas about various schools, even if you can't write about them yourselves. That allows other people to have something to work with :)

-=-=-

EDIT: IDEK, your Columbia was good, but the comment was not exclusively at you.
Last edited by Pyke on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

i dont even know

New

Post by i dont even know » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:37 am

sorry i dont even know any stereotypes of any Canadian schools ( why did I just capitalize canadian)

ps its my thread and i can do whatever i want

Gametime

New

Post by Gametime » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 am

^Agree! :o

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:41 am

sorry i dont even know any stereotypes of any Canadian schools ( why did I just capitalize canadian)
Disregarding the site in general, this particular post found of google is useful.

http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/a ... 63658.html

Ontario Universities with Law Schools:
Ottawa
Queens
Western
Toronto
Osgoode
Windsor
ps its my thread and i can do whatever i want
Sure, but then it doesn't become better and truly special :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lizzy1280

New

Post by lizzy1280 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:41 am

i dunno i liked columbia's!

edgarderby

Bronze

Post by edgarderby » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:42 am

Ottawa:

She's that girl tha - oh, nevermind, wrong person.

lizzy1280

New

Post by lizzy1280 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:46 am

i'm gonna bat for the other team for a sec :)

penn: this girl is sort of like the popular girl in the shadows. she's actually a bit prettier than her friends, smart, but not as smart as the other girls in her clique. but when you try talking to her, she's kind of stuck up. you shrug it off... maybe just a bad day... anyway, your friends tell you you can do better. but you like having options, and ask her out. finally, she gives you some good signals, but upon hearing your friends telling you that you can do better, she tells you she doesn't want to see you anymore and tells you maybe she'll give you a shot if you just try harder...

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:50 am

for the ladies:

cooley: you're horny and he's horny. what do you do? he's got nothing, but when he whips it out at the party, what do you do?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

i dont even know

New

Post by i dont even know » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:51 am

momentary lapse in judgment...you never know when you'll regret burning bridges at windsor
Last edited by i dont even know on Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

lizzy1280

New

Post by lizzy1280 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 am

ew, cooley does that to all the girls. NEVER.

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:54 am

LoLz. Dissing my alma-mater over the worst school in the province (next to Ryerson) is rough :p.

Ryerson: She keeps asking you for a date, insisting she really is a grown up girl. You think about it, cause, well, Toronto hasn't returned your calls and you don't want to deal with that french supremacist Ottawa...but its Ryerson. What would the guys say? Plus, you're not really sure shes of age. She shows your her id, but somehow you question that her name is McLovin and she's a 25 year old from Hawaii. Trusting your gut, you decide to keep the toolkit in the toolbox and walk away, to play another day. If only Duke had done the same, he wouldn't be facing those statutory rape charges...

Haribo

Bronze

Post by Haribo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:58 am

Last edited by Haribo on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:09 am

Northwestern: From the moment you meet her, your struck with her drive and determination. You quickly fall for her, the woman she's destined to be. A future CEO of a fortune 500 company to be sure, she's quite the character, exhibiting power, confidence and maturity. At the ripe age of only 24, you learn that she's the founder of her own million dollar company, volunteered in Africa and picked up a masters degree. Intimidating to be sure, as it seems that she's got quite the resume to be sure; and for you, this is where things begin to break down. Somehow you just can't measure up. She tells you that it doesn't matter, she just wants you to be mature but you know that unless you've accomplished what she has, you'll be viewed as a disappointment. When it becomes clear you either can't, or won't, meet those accomplishments, she dumps you, and tells you that if you ever want her back, you've gotta get some experience first. Maybe you shouldn't have turned down Regent after all.

OctaShieldz

New

Post by OctaShieldz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:18 am

idek, your Columbia was the best. Do whatever you want. You're the pioneer of this great thread.

00TREX00

Bronze

Post by 00TREX00 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:23 am

Last edited by 00TREX00 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OctaShieldz

New

Post by OctaShieldz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 am

IDEK, if you do that, just know that I'll be bootlegging that shit for free on the internet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”