i am always in love Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pretzellogic

New

Re: i am always in love

Post by pretzellogic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:58 pm

What in God's name are you doing in this thread?!?!?

This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen in this tiny little law school admissions world.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Last edited by flhealth on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zach_N

New

Post by Zach_N » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:53 pm

flhealth wrote:Cooley....she is not easy on the eye and a little needy even though she thinks she's the shit (just ask her), but she'll have to do because you have an STD (minisculus gradepointaveragitus), so you take what you can get
lol minisculus gradpointavergitus.

These two are Canadian schools in case anyone is unfamiliar.

York University - Osgoode Hall

York is the girl that you hooked up with one night at a bar because you hear she was into threesomes, and you were really interested in her much hotter friend, NYU. Lots of guys are after her, and you feel lucky that she picked you to take home. Unfortunately, she quickly loses interest in you and starts dating her old boyfriend Mr. Bureacracy, leaving you with a pocket full of debt and a recurring rash.

Dalhousie Univeristy - Weldon Hall:

Dalhousie is the summer romance that you met during a family vacation to Nova Scotia. A quiet and well-mannered small town girl, she's just as pretty as those city girls you knew back home, but not as stuck up. Dalhousie is the kind of girl that fits in at a corporate function or a local pub. Sure she's not as popular as U of T or some of those american girls that your buddies chase after, but she's well respected locally.

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:10 am

Lewis and Clark: the gorgeous organic vegan girl who tantalizes everyone she meets, despite her lack of makeup and constant uniform of jeans and sweatshirts. She spends her weekends hiking in her backyard, and knows enough about environmental policy to make everyone's head spin. You'd like to ignore her in favor of her witty, unattainable sister Berkeley, who has dreadlocks, tanned skin, and a wicked smile, but are oddly drawn to Lewis and Clark's quiet, intellectual nature. Her cousin Oregon visits occasionally, and amuses everyone with her candor and pointed observations. However, Lewis and Clark has stolen your heart, and her cousin's sarcasm pales in comparison to her own kindness and generosity.

pretzellogic

New

Post by pretzellogic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:53 am

kimber1028 wrote:Lewis and Clark: the gorgeous organic vegan girl who tantalizes everyone she meets, despite her lack of makeup and constant uniform of jeans and sweatshirts. She spends her weekends hiking in her backyard, and knows enough about environmental policy to make everyone's head spin. You'd like to ignore her in favor of her witty, unattainable sister Berkeley, who has dreadlocks, tanned skin, and a wicked smile, but are oddly drawn to Lewis and Clark's quiet, intellectual nature. Her cousin Oregon visits occasionally, and amuses everyone with her candor and pointed observations. However, Lewis and Clark has stolen your heart, and her cousin's sarcasm pales in comparison to her own kindness and generosity.
??? Have you spent a month at all these schools or do you really feel that romantic about TLS's descriptions of these schools?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kimber1028

Bronze

Post by kimber1028 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:05 am

pretzellogic wrote:
kimber1028 wrote:Lewis and Clark: the gorgeous organic vegan girl who tantalizes everyone she meets, despite her lack of makeup and constant uniform of jeans and sweatshirts. She spends her weekends hiking in her backyard, and knows enough about environmental policy to make everyone's head spin. You'd like to ignore her in favor of her witty, unattainable sister Berkeley, who has dreadlocks, tanned skin, and a wicked smile, but are oddly drawn to Lewis and Clark's quiet, intellectual nature. Her cousin Oregon visits occasionally, and amuses everyone with her candor and pointed observations. However, Lewis and Clark has stolen your heart, and her cousin's sarcasm pales in comparison to her own kindness and generosity.
??? Have you spent a month at all these schools or do you really feel that romantic about TLS's descriptions of these schools?
Ha! I live in Portland and have visited L&C thousands of times on my own. Plus, I had several friends who went there for college. I spent my undergrad years at U of O. I haven't spent much time at Berkeley, unfortunately.

econtutornv

New

Post by econtutornv » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:55 am

This thread is gold! I'll give it a shot...

Tulane

It's odd really. Everybody seems to have heard about her even though she lives halfway across the country. From the delivery guy that stops by your office in the afternoon to your acquaintance at the office down the block, she seems to have made an impression that is at odds with what little you actually know about her. You've heard so many different things about Tulane that you just don't know what to think. What friends and strangers alike have told you about her is as varied as the dozens of bead necklaces that she's wearing three hours and a half dozen strawberry dacquiris into the night. The only thing that's been consistent is that she loves to party, and that may be an understatement. She knows where the best food, music, hell, where the best of everything is as far as the night life is concerned. While you might be having the time of your life in the moment you've got a feeling that you're going to have one of hell of a headache and be looking to move far away when this "relationship" (she hates it when you use that word) inevitably ends.

IU-B

I wouldn't have even thought to look at her until one of my friends gave me her phone number with a nod and said "I think you two would hit it off." Now here I am, almost ready to make a commitment to the attractive brunette whom I originally thought looked a little too plain, buried in her comfortable sweater with her dark brown hair in a perpetual ponytail. She's from a small town in the mid-west, the kind of place I thought would be the last place I'd ever want to live and am now seemingly drawn to. The only thing holding me back is the thought that the stellar looking blond, Georgetown, or even her slightly less attractive sister GW might give me a chance, even though they both said that at most they'd only be interested in seeing me "on the side." I know I'd be happy with IU-B (IU, as all of her friends call her), but for some reason I keep on holding out.

longtimelurker

New

Post by longtimelurker » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 am

Northwestern is like the drunk plain girl at the bar I'd take home at the end of the night if Harvard wasn't already hitting on me.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:24 am

h_frog_88 wrote:UCLA: Think Lex, ya you'd probably hit it if it came around but you'd have to put up with so much afterwards it'd be tough to handle. You eventually grow to like to snide remarks she makes, and brag to your buddies about how witty your girlfriend is. Most are jealous of you.
:roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MrOrange

Bronze

Post by MrOrange » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:46 am

lex talionis wrote:
h_frog_88 wrote:UCLA: Think Lex, ya you'd probably hit it if it came around but you'd have to put up with so much afterwards it'd be tough to handle. You eventually grow to like to snide remarks she makes, and brag to your buddies about how witty your girlfriend is. Most are jealous of you.
TCU...proving once again that beggars can, in fact, be choosers (in Imagination Land).

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:23 am

MrOrange wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
TCU...proving once again that beggars can, in fact, be choosers (in Imagination Land).
And to think, I always thought of myself as more of a hit-it-and-quit-it kind of girl...

Circe

Bronze

Post by Circe » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:20 am

longtimelurker wrote:Northwestern is like the drunk plain girl at the bar I'd take home at the end of the night if Harvard wasn't already hitting on me.

lol I like.

Lawlcat

Bronze

Post by Lawlcat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:18 am

From my perspective:

Stanford: I admit, Stanford was kind of a fantasy of mine. I only ever saw her from across the room -- I've never even spoken with her -- so I can't claim that my feelings are anything but shallow attraction. One day I almost came up to her to introduce myself. Halfway there, I made up some excuse about having to get some laundry done, and turned around.

Berkeley: We might not even work out that well together, but I can't stop thinking about her. I know she has different tastes, and I know she's just stalling on telling me "no". If she only knew how much I would give up for her sake. Come to think of it, the thing is, she does know. But when I told her, she just got real quiet and said we ought to talk about this later. Just too much on her mind right now. I know what she meant. I feel guilty about it, but I have to admit I've started to hate her just a little bit.

Northwestern: My first crush. It was a pretty strong one, at that. She's made it clear she likes me, and sure, she knows a lot of my friends. But at the end of the day, I don't think we're right for each other. Not since I met Michigan, who showed me what being "right for each other" truly meant.

Michigan: My happy ending, or so it seems. There's something special about her, and we have a lot in common. Even on a shallower level, I get the feeling she's a little too good for me. I couldn't be happier to know that she's got feelings for me, too. Maybe, maybe if Berkeley walked up one day and smiled, I'd tear myself away. But that's not going to happen, and I'm at peace with that. Besides, when it comes down to it, I think Michigan's the one for me.

I'm not out of the woods yet, though. Tonight, I'm going to ask her about a long-distance relationship. Only for a year, but it still kind of breaks me up to think about putting her off like that. Some might say I should drop what I'm doing for her sake. I'll see how she feels about it. What worries me the most in a way is that she'll smile and say it's okay, and I'll be left wondering if it really is. Oh, Michigan, you don't deserve this neglect from me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bizzlemywizzle

New

Post by bizzlemywizzle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:44 am

Yale: She is known as Keira Knightley. I have never touched her nor been close to her but she seems like perfection. The finest in the world, at least to what my distant eye can detect.

Berkeley: My old flame. I used to cherish you and worship you, until you plagued me with your constant herpes breakouts and odd skin odors during my 4 years of undergrad. I don't think I can ever get over the trauma to adore you the same way again, unless you start paying my bills for me. (Yes, I can be bought back.)

Georgetown: A bottle-blond, slightly overweight slut who gets around, and around. You show too much cleavage. You have sagging breasts and am somewhat overweight but you still wear bikinis at the beach when you should be brown-bagging everything.

Dr_Nex

New

Post by Dr_Nex » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:10 am

Yale: I once sent her an email, letting her know that I was moving, and where she could find me if she wanted to get in touch... She never wrote me back, if even to acknowledge my email. :-(

Richard_Petty

New

Post by Richard_Petty » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Ole Miss: The charming, naturally beautiful heiress who'll happily birth 5 of your kids and cook every weekend of football season for you and all your friends. Will never bring up the fact that her dad has way more money than you ever will or that you drink too much. She'll run a business out of her house that she tells her friends is just for spending money but in actuality pays all the bills because you and your law school buddies decided to open your dui defense law office out of a bar. She will never look older than your average Miss America at 26. She will also tell you how to single-handedly take down the tobacco companies and let you take all the credit.

Georgia: The girl I lose Ole Miss for because I'm for sale and she's buying.

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Richard_Petty wrote:Ole Miss: The charming, naturally beautiful heiress who'll happily birth 5 of your kids and cook every weekend of football season for you and all your friends. Will never bring up the fact that her dad has way more money than you ever will or that you drink too much. She'll run a business out of her house that she tells her friends is just for spending money but in actuality pays all the bills because you and your law school buddies decided to open your dui defense law office out of a bar. She will never look older than your average Miss America at 26. She will also tell you how to single-handedly take down the tobacco companies and let you take all the credit.
Wow. Just...wow.

I understand (and appreciate) that this thread is a joke, but I think that this description single-handedly regressed women's rights 60 years. ;)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MilkoWaif

New

Post by MilkoWaif » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Georgetown: Anyone can tell that Georgetown is out of my league; too beautiful, too accomplished, too mature. I've tried (albeit, shyly) to communicate my interest, but thus far she's been politely, but firmly, noncommittal. Most of the time I feel like a fool for even trying, but there are moments when I think, "why not?" Why not me? I mean, some might say that she could do better, but I happen to know that she's dated worse. So I finally did it: I sent her a letter explaining how I feel and why I think we'd be a great match. After several agonizing weeks she'll shoot me down with a terse, formal note.

William and Mary: The guy who likened her to the girl next door was right on the money. She's beautiful, wholesome and she seems interested; everyone tells me that I'd be doing very well for myself were I to date her, and at least part of me agrees. But I have reservations: she's a bit of a preppy; her friends are nice, but I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed hanging out with them. I always feel like I'm censoring myself around her, and sometimes when I with her I find myself wishing that I were back in Pittsburgh with my buddies. That's another thing: she lives in Williamsburg (she even does some historical re-enacting on the weekends!) and she's utterly adamant about staying. I know she's a catch--probably better than I deserve--but I just don't know if she's the one for me.

Pitt: She's not beautiful, which isn't to say she's ugly. She's not brilliant, but by no means is she dumb. She's sweet and down to earth; my friends, my family, they adore her. She's easy to be around, maybe because she's so familiar or maybe because she doesn't challenge me in the way that someone like Georgetown, Texas, or Wash U would. I could probably settle into a life of cozy contentment with her, but I worry: would I wake up in 15 years and wonder, "could I have done better?"
Last edited by MilkoWaif on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Virgin-whore complex with Stanford and Yale. I want them to do nasty things to me, but if they did them to many other people, the attraction would be gone.

crib

New

Post by crib » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:31 pm

G'Town: I was so desperate I actually asked her for a part-time position. Turned me down all the same. Shamed!!

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:35 pm

UNC - the attractive, girl-next-door law school. Whenever I see her, I just feel warm inside and my heart fills with joy. I know we'll have a great time without having to spend a lot of money. Sadly, I haven't heard from her in a long time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MilkoWaif

New

Post by MilkoWaif » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:44 pm

"G'Town: I was so desperate I actually asked her for a part-time position. Turned me down all the same. Shamed!!"

Yeah, is PT like a pity lay? Maybe she's just getting over some guy who left her for Yale. She isn't looking for anything serious, and you know that there guys that she likes better, but you figure that if you can hang in there for a year or so, maybe she'll warm to you and stop looking around. Frankly, the whole is experience is slightly humiliating and more than a little emasculating. It's hard to explain to your friends why your relationship status on Facebook says "in a relationship", while hers reads, "it's complicated."

quidproquo

New

Post by quidproquo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:18 am

howard university school of law

the first time i saw her i knew it was something different about her
it wasnt just the soulful thing she had going on either. i dont even think the hard work did it for me.
i couldn't really put my finger on it but i guess there is nothing to put your finger on when you've fallen
she had a smile so beautiful that it forces people to turn away
the things that came out of her mouth were short and sweet and yet they spoke volumes
that was more than i could say for the rest
all they cared about was what i could offer them
i think i would've missed her even if i never met her
some say i am making a huge mistake in thinking i could make things right with this girl
they say, "it'll only lead to heartache you are oh so used to".
i guess thats the risk people take then they see a glimpse of happiness they have been waiting for all their life
i couldn’t make this up
all the fancy names and all the money in the world couldnt give me the feeling i have when i think about what could be with her
or when her past makes impossible coincidence seem as inevitable as trains lighting up the new york city sky
how something so manmade seems almost godly kept me from going completely numb
i went to visit
streetlights shone bright and warmed her chilled body
small talk. she helped me more than anyone could
i needed her more than she'd probably ever need me
i know if i commit, i'll go away for a bit, but i'll never never leave her.

quidproquo: Howard Univ School of Law class of 2012 and Harvard Med c/o 2016
Last edited by quidproquo on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texaslawyer

Bronze

Post by texaslawyer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Do Florida because she is a hot bikini beach babe ! Approachabe as well ! :D

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:59 pm

Michigan: Michigan is the guy who's good for me on paper. When all of the other snobby kids in his crowd dissed me, Michigan extended a warm hand and told me he wanted me to be his. As lucky as I know I am to be wanted by someone of his caliber, though, I just can't get over what a commitment to him entails: cold nights because he's not the warmest peron, years without my family because he's just not close to them, being trapped in suburban life even though every drop of my quiet, Caribbean-born blood yearns for the contrasting bright lights and excitement of the city. I want to walk away, to be with someone who's more my type, but people want me to stick with what's best on paper. Everyone thinks I'd be crazy to pass him up...but I feel I'll go crazy if I don't follow my heart.

Georgetown: GULC is the one who's always been there. He loved me before anyone else. For awhile I listened to the hype, to the assurances that I could do better, to leave him alone. After all, he was on the fringe of the popular group, always at the party but never the life of it. I told GULC we could be friends but nothing more as I waited for the more popular boys to give me the time of day. Alas, months passed and I realized those boys were just using me. They used my praise and adoration, my pleas for acceptance, my time and my money to bolster their egos, knowing that after all that they wouldn't give me the time of day. And as I choked back tears, GULC was there to comfort me...GULC who had been there from the start, with his worldly exposure, his closeness to my family, his promise that no matter what everyone said, I would most likely turn out just fine if I stayed with him. I love him, I do, I want to commit to him. But now with this attention from perfect-on-paper Mich, I find myself torn...

Do I follow my head or my heart? Only time will tell...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”