Applying as a pre-major. Bad idea? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Funkycrime

Bronze

Applying as a pre-major. Bad idea?

Post by Funkycrime » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:50 am

I am aware that one's major is basically irrelevant when it comes to applying to law schools, but I am curious if applying while not even in the major yet is an issue. I am currently a pre-history major, and I require only one class to be history proper, but that class is not going to be availible by the time I apply to law schools. Will this look bad on an application, and if so should I sit out a year? By the way the delay was caused by the fact that I am a third year transfer student. Any advice would be appreciated!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Applying as a pre-major. Bad idea?

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:29 am

I don't understand how you can be close enough to graduation to apply to law school without having a declared major yet.

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:35 am

rinkrat19 wrote:I don't understand how you can be close enough to graduation to apply to law school without having a declared major yet.
+1, but I am not sure the explanation will matter

Funkycrime

Bronze

Post by Funkycrime » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:44 am

I transfered to UCLA from a CC as a history major, but to enter the major officially I require one class that isn't available until next fall. I have fulfilled all of the other requirnments but am still technically pre-history until I take that class. I am also still a third year, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”