Deferring vs Reapplying Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RamblinBoyofPleasure

New

Deferring vs Reapplying

Post by RamblinBoyofPleasure » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:54 pm

I got a promotion at work, and have decided to postpone attending law school for a year. Right now, I've narrowed my choice down to Duke or UMich, although I am on the wait list at Penn and Chicago (I think I have a shot at Penn, and none at Chicago). I am leaning towards reapplying, since I'd most want to attend Penn and I'm guessing deferring after getting in from the wait list is not an option. My only question is: how do school look at reapplying? Will schools I was accepted to previously look at my application with suspicion, or will they not care?

TLS_noobie

Bronze

Re: Deferring vs Reapplying

Post by TLS_noobie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Taggin' this.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Deferring vs Reapplying

Post by bp shinners » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:36 pm

RamblinBoyofPleasure wrote:Will schools I was accepted to previously look at my application with suspicion, or will they not care?
Schools will look at your application and wonder why you are reapplying. If you have a good answer for this (such as getting a promotion at work and wanting to serve in that capacity for awhile), then they won't really care. Of course, you'll have to also write a short addendum about why law is right for you at this time, but again, if you have an answer, it won't be a big deal.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”