Currently in 4th semester at Baruch Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheBiggerMediocre

Bronze

Currently in 4th semester at Baruch

Post by TheBiggerMediocre » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:33 pm

I am almost halfway through college and I have been thinking about going to law school but my GPA is a 3.6 and I scored a 165 on my practice LSAT. I assume my chances are slim to Fordham and medium for Cardozo and my low would be Brooklyn.

-I am a business major with a minor in poli sci and another in philosophy. Like many people here say I am in it for the money. Actually my goal is not to become a millionaire 200 hundred grand a year would suffice, after a few years of experience of course.

But I am also considering Business school. I know that I will have to get a real job and work for a few years before I do that but what are my chances and do my grades need to significantly improve so that I don't ruin my life at the age of 20.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Currently in 4th semester at Baruch

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:37 pm

3.6 is fine to get into some really good schools (lower T14) if you can get your LSAT above 170. A 165 on a practice LSAT means you are in a great starting spot to study for six months and score pretty much as high as you want. The LSAT is extremely learnable.

Caveat: was your practice LSAT timed? A score means a lot less if it wasn't taken under proper time constraints. But even if you didn't time it, you clearly have a good understanding of the basics to start with.

At this point, you should be aiming higher than Fordham, and Cardozo and Brooklyn shouldn't even be on your radar.

Major and undergrad school prestige matter very little for law school admission.

Someone else will have to weigh in on business school, since I am pretty much entirely ignorant on that topic.

dissonance1848

Silver

Post by dissonance1848 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Flame. No one comes on here with a 3.6/165 diagnostic combo and says they don't know about getting into schools x&y, where their numbers are sufficient.

If not flame, kill the rest of college, kill the LSATs, enjoy CCN.

TheBiggerMediocre

Bronze

Post by TheBiggerMediocre » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:49 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:3.6 is fine to get into some really good schools (lower T14) if you can get your LSAT above 170. A 165 on a practice LSAT means you are in a great starting spot to study for six months and score pretty much as high as you want. The LSAT is extremely learnable.

Caveat: was your practice LSAT timed? A score means a lot less if it wasn't taken under proper time constraints. But even if you didn't time it, you clearly have a good understanding of the basics to start with.

At this point, you should be aiming higher than Fordham, and Cardozo and Brooklyn shouldn't even be on your radar.

Major and undergrad school prestige matter very little for law school admission.

Someone else will have to weigh in on business school, since I am pretty much entirely ignorant on that topic.
It wasn't timed I took about an extra hour. To the other poster I actually have been on this forum alot in the past year I just never registered.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:50 pm

TheBiggerMediocre wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:3.6 is fine to get into some really good schools (lower T14) if you can get your LSAT above 170. A 165 on a practice LSAT means you are in a great starting spot to study for six months and score pretty much as high as you want. The LSAT is extremely learnable.

It wasn't timed I took about an extra hour. To the other poster I actually have been on this forum alot in the past year I just never registered.
Combined with your other two idiotic posts about "beating the LSAC" I am going to assume you are attempting to troll for your own amusement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheBiggerMediocre

Bronze

Post by TheBiggerMediocre » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:52 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
TheBiggerMediocre wrote:

Combined with your other two idiotic posts about "beating the LSAC" I am going to assume you are attempting to troll for your own amusement.
No im not I actually am pissed at myself for not thinking life through when I started college

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:59 pm

TheBiggerMediocre wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
TheBiggerMediocre wrote:

No im not I actually am pissed at myself for not thinking life through when I started college
If you've been around TLS for as long as you claim, you should already know that this thread is stupid. Get your grades up, get your LSAT up, get into a T14, and quit whining about your life.

TheBiggerMediocre

Bronze

Post by TheBiggerMediocre » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:00 pm

TheBiggerMediocre wrote:

Combined with your other two idiotic posts about "beating the LSAC" I am going to assume you are attempting to troll for your own amusement.[/quote]

No im not I actually am pissed at myself for not thinking life through when I started college[/quote]If you've been around TLS for as long as you claim, you should already know that this thread is stupid. Get your grades up, get your LSAT up, get into a T14, and quit whining about your life.[/quote]

what happens if my grades don't go up will I get into Fordham for JD/MBA program?

Jaeger

Bronze

Post by Jaeger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:00 am

Just stop. Or read the stickies. But wait...still stop.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 am

dissonance1848 wrote:Flame. No one comes on here with a 3.6/165 diagnostic combo and says they don't know about getting into schools x&y, where their numbers are sufficient.

If not flame, kill the rest of college, kill the LSATs, enjoy CCN.
not necessarily true. There was a time when I wasn't sure whether 168/3.5 would be good enough for IU-B

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”