Being a lawyer and money.....am I missing much? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
notaznguy

Bronze

Re: Being a lawyer and money.....am I missing much?

Post by notaznguy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Gail wrote:
notaznguy wrote:
I live in Los Angeles. If you work with the County's Department of Child and Family Services, you'll make at least 52k within 3 years of working there with your MSW.
Well. For you, I hope that's right! I'd recommend trying that out first, honestly. Your options could be better. I tell people not to go to law school unless it's nearly full tuition scholarship after the top 30, half tuition after the top 14, or top 14.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do! :)
Haha thanks. Yeah I confirmed it when I looked on their website. Their entry level position for someone with a Masters has a salary between like $4300 a month to $5000 a month (before taxes of course...after taxes it's more like $3100 a month). Of course I have to find out more info about how I would go about landing a job like that, but that's look way too ahead right now.

I just don't know what other options I really have. I have a useless BA in History so my other real options were teaching or just to get some random job and make 30-40k a year.

Well...at least it's comforting to know I wouldn't have been Harvey from Suits had I gone to UC Davis or Hastings or Loyola....ha.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”