Should I do ED? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bgibbs

New

Should I do ED?

Post by Bgibbs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 am

Hello,

This is my situation. I am not a URM and I'll be applying during the next cycle with around a 3.6 GPA and a 170 on the LSAT (from February). I will be retaking in June since I didn't study too much for it, and am obviously hoping for a couple points of improvement which would make this topic meaningless and open up my options considerably, but I don't want to deal with hypotheticals. I want to do NYC Biglaw and have significant ties to the region. Debt is worrisome but not horrifying because I'll have almost none from undergrad and should receive at least some need aid.

Looking at LSN it appears that I have a good shot and should net at least one of the lower T14 and would have a decent chance at MVP should I apply regular decision. As I stand currently I would be happy with Cornell but I know I wouldn't receive any merit aid from them if admitted, and am somewhat worried about my chances at NYC biglaw from any of the other lower T14s. It also doesn't seem like Fordham would offer me a large enough scholarship to deter me from going to a T14. Knowing this I have begun to consider applying ED to UPenn. I would definitely be happy living in Philly for 3 years and I like my chances at NYC biglaw from there, and with my stats I think I'd be a likely admit. Also, and this is probably my main rationale, if I'm going to pay sticker anyways I may as well gain admission into the highest ranked school possible.

Do you guys (and/or gals) agree with my decision here? Is there something that I'm missing that I should take into consideration? Thanks in advance.

dproduct

Gold

Re: Should I do ED?

Post by dproduct » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:25 am

"I will be retaking in June since I didn't study too much for it..."

Just get a few points higher and don't stress about this decision.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”