TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nucky thompson

Bronze

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Post by nucky thompson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:28 pm

you mad? who actually made this into a big deal?

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 pm

nucky thompson wrote:you mad? who actually made this into a big deal?
You did. By calling the dude it when it was unnecessary. And sorry, bitch, the "u mad" copout doesn't play with me. I'm still calling you out for being a fuck.

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 pm

and im calling your beloved leader out for being a fuck - sounds fair.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:32 pm

nucky thompson wrote:and im calling your beloved leader out for being a fuck - sounds fair.
LOL. For talking about his success on his own site? Are you fucking high?

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:33 pm

if you think it was because he was simply "talking about success"... you clearly have not read through this thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:34 pm

nucky thompson wrote:Image

gotta hand it to him, this guy's a rebel

STLMizzou

Bronze

Post by STLMizzou » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 pm

nucky thompson wrote:and im calling your beloved leader out for being a fuck - sounds fair.
When did ken become our leader? I have been blindly following waterman this whole time for nothing?!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Tempted to buseywall the fuck out of this thread just to shut end this garbage. Continue on, TLS hipster. Fight the power.

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:36 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:Image

gotta hand it to him, this guy's a rebel
These are excellent. Never stop making them. <3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaeger

Bronze

Post by Jaeger » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:06 pm

You're a true revolutionary, fucky. Let me guess, you drink fair trade coffee, smell like ganja, turds and body odor, and have a favorite tye-dye shirt? Obviously, this all puts you in the same category as Marx, Paine, and Jefferson.

Ignatius

New

Post by Ignatius » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:
I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"
Perhaps, but I think this may be a more accurate paraphrase:

"The fact that all of you made TLS such a widely used resource gave me more confidence in my own career endeavors, and I hope that my success does the same for the many talented, bright TLS'ers who post on the site."

Also, in general, the more successful people that post on the site, the more helpful, credible it becomes as a resource. As the site becomes more widely known as a good resource, it's foreseeable that more people will use it, which will presumably increase the number of successful people on the site. It's cyclical, so Ken is not so much building his own brand as he is that of the site as a whole. Or at the very least that's the broader effect if not also the intention, though his substantial contributions lend weight to the latter.

slacker

New

Post by slacker » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:13 pm

You guys do realize that the guy would stop posting if you stopped giving him things to reply to, right?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jaeger

Bronze

Post by Jaeger » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:14 pm

slacker wrote:You guys do realize that the guy would stop posting if you stopped giving him things to reply to, right?
Probably not.

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Jaeger wrote:You're a true revolutionary, fucky. Let me guess, you drink fair trade coffee, smell like ganja, turds and body odor, and have a favorite tye-dye shirt? Obviously, this all puts you in the same category as Marx, Paine, and Jefferson.

Everyone saying i have assburgers/am a revolutionary/hipster - my mystique is obviously growing, but I am confused why... I mean people get called out for being disingenuous all the time on TLS. People get called out for using the wrong words, or for misspelling. People certainly get called out for subtle bragging - the point is WRITE WHAT YOU MEAN and MEAN WHAT YOU WRITE, don't try and hide your motivations because TLS will see through it - kens original post was bullshit. if the guy had different intentions, he should have written and titled the post differently. if it was a mistake he should have said as much, accepted the fact that what he wrote and what his stated purpose was did not match - If the user name was not KDL, none of you would react this way - you wouldn't be wearing the blinders - you more than likely would have simply agreed with what I said in the beginning, and none of this would have escalated.

Instead, you all seem to be in agreement that because the dude created this website, he should not be judged for being so arrogant. "why do bad things happen to sexy people" really? what kind of person titles their memoir like that? the same kind of person that writes the OP.

What other person at the top of their PROFESSION, acts like this? and gets on and banters (calling me fucky, really? - im anonymous guy, you are not) back and forth with forum users? Ken is supposed to be the TOP REAL ESTATE agent in the country... how can you all act like this is respectable behavior?

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Jaeger wrote:You're a true revolutionary, fucky. Let me guess, you drink fair trade coffee, smell like ganja, turds and body odor, and have a favorite tye-dye shirt? Obviously, this all puts you in the same category as Marx, Paine, and Jefferson.
FTFY.

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:34 pm

nucky thompson wrote:

Everyone saying i have assburgers/am a revolutionary/hipster - my mystique is obviously growing, but I am confused why... I mean people get called out for being disingenuous all the time on TLS. People get called out for using the wrong words, or for misspelling. People certainly get called out for subtle bragging - the point is WRITE WHAT YOU MEAN and MEAN WHAT YOU WRITE, don't try and hide your motivations because TLS will see through it - kens original post was bullshit. if the guy had different intentions, he should have written and titled the post differently. if it was a mistake he should have said as much, accepted the fact that what he wrote and what his stated purpose was did not match - If the user name was not KDL, none of you would react this way - you wouldn't be wearing the blinders - you more than likely would have simply agreed with what I said in the beginning, and none of this would have escalated.

Instead, you all seem to be in agreement that because the dude created this website, he should not be judged for being so arrogant. "why do bad things happen to sexy people" really? what kind of person titles their memoir like that? the same kind of person that writes the OP.

What other person at the top of their PROFESSION, acts like this? and gets on and banters (calling me fucky, really? - im anonymous guy, you are not) back and forth with forum users? Ken is supposed to be the TOP REAL ESTATE agent in the country... how can you all act like this is respectable behavior?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jaeger

Bronze

Post by Jaeger » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 pm

nucky thompson wrote:

Ah, so that's what this is about. Someone gave you a hard time when you first came here and now you want everybody to endure your heartbreak?

And generally I think people shouldn't be judged for being arrogant when the source of their arrogance is indisputable. For example, Ken is the top agent in the country...that gives him the right to be arrogant...but usually we don't call it arrogance. Just stating facts. You've never been in a position where you are the best at anything (except maybe masturbating 7 times before rolling out of bed?) so you can't understand this. So I don't blame you for being the fuckwad most people here think you are. I chalk it up to your inability to understand due to your overall failure of life.

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Jaeger wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:

Ah, so that's what this is about. Someone gave you a hard time when you first came here and now you want everybody to endure your heartbreak?

And generally I think people shouldn't be judged for being arrogant when the source of their arrogance is indisputable. For example, Ken is the top agent in the country...that gives him the right to be arrogant...but usually we don't call it arrogance. Just stating facts. You've never been in a position where you are the best at anything (except maybe masturbating 7 times before rolling out of bed?) so you can't understand this. So I don't blame you for being the fuckwad most people here think you are. I chalk it up to your inability to understand due to your overall failure of life.

Oh really... Is that what you think? I think self absorbed braggarts, justified or not, should be called out. Why does America hate Lebron James but not Michael Jordan? Donald trump, but not warren buffet?

Hint: it has to do with the way they handle their success

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:48 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Jaeger wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:

Hint: Nobody cares
Here, fixed it for you.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Everyone in here is so cool for not caring.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:00 pm

nucky thompson wrote:Oh really... Is that what you think? I think self absorbed braggarts, justified or not, should be called out. Why does America hate Lebron James but not Michael Jordan? Donald trump, but not warren buffet?

Hint: it has to do with the way they handle their success
--ImageRemoved--

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Tanicius wrote:Everyone in here is so cool for not caring.
Yeah, nobody cares what Nucky thinks. We're only on page 5-6.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:04 pm

drdolittle wrote:
You were hoping to start Page 6 of this thread, you dirty dog.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 pm

stillwater wrote:
drdolittle wrote:
You were hoping to start Page 6 of this thread, you dirty dog.
Now I get to!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”