TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ken

Bronze

TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Post by Ken » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 am

Dear TLS Community,

Hello!! For those who do not know me, I am the proud founder of TLS. I am so impressed with the caliber of our community as it has become by far the preeminent site for the law school and pre-law community.

While for several years I was a successful intellectual property attorney at the largest firm in Silicon Valley, I followed my passion for real estate. In 9 short years I have become one of or the top agent in America (out of 1.2 million based on amazingly high sales volume). My law degree allowed me to achieve this success in the related field of real estate, so attending a top law school (and what is a top law school is subjective) can be a great outcome even if you end up not practicing law (but try to avoid amassing huge debt).

Today I was on nationwide TV (Fox Business) discussing Facebook's impact upon the Silicon Valley real estate market as I have had the privilege of working with brilliant Facebook executives in finding epic homes. In the last 2 weeks I was on national TV and on the front page of the NYtimes.com.

Thank you TLS members for being such an amazing community that I am so proud to have founded. While quite busy in real estate I check in on TLS often and love the intense brilliance of our online community. Think of how many future Supreme Court Clerks are on this site as the most brilliant students are drawn to TLS.

Thanks for watching my nationwide live interview today:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/14721576 ... t_id=87185

My New York Times Article (sorry for those few who saw this a few days earlier):

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/09/us/ca ... aires.html

I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

sach1282

Bronze

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Post by sach1282 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 am

First in a Ken thread?

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else think about skipping law school and focusing on real estate every time Ken posts?

reformed calvinist

Bronze

Post by reformed calvinist » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks Ken!

sach1282

Bronze

Post by sach1282 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice avatar :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

reformed calvinist

Bronze

Post by reformed calvinist » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:13 pm

sach1282 wrote:Nice avatar :)
hehe same to you

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:14 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think about skipping law school and focusing on real estate every time Ken posts?
Especially when you read the articles about how much he has made. :shock:

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Ken wrote:
I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:46 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"
Dude, there's no need to be an asshole about it.

Ken: congrats, and thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:49 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

You know how they say a man can do whatever he wants in his house? Well TLS is Ken's house because he built it, and he can do whatever he wants here. So no need to call him out for little things like that.

Geetar Man

Silver

Post by Geetar Man » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:59 pm

kaiser wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

You know how they say a man can do whatever he wants in his house? Well TLS is Ken's house because he built it, and he can do whatever he wants here. So no need to call him out for little things like that.
TCR. If this was your website, then you could do whatever you please.

Congrats, Ken! I'm sure you've worked hard and deserve what you've earned.

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:01 pm

I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:05 pm

nucky thompson wrote:Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"
Shut up

Do your thing Ken.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:07 pm

nucky thompson wrote:I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"
And perhaps it was a bit disingenuous. All we said is that you don't need to call him out for little shit like that.

Geetar Man

Silver

Post by Geetar Man » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:10 pm

kaiser wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:I never said he couldn't, or shouldn't be self promoting to build his personal brand - I said it was disingenuious to say the OP was only written because he was "thankful"
And perhaps it was a bit disingenuous. All we said is that you don't need to call him out for little shit like that.

nkp007

Bronze

Post by nkp007 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:12 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
Ken wrote:

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

Not everything is a CR multiple choice.

Thanks for creating this website Ken!

suits00

Bronze

Post by suits00 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Last edited by suits00 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:17 pm

suits00 wrote:
I don't see how anyone can argue with you. Whether he's great or not, what you say is the truth.

It was basically, "I'm so great, I'm amazing, me me me, I I I, look at my accomplishments, look at these links that show how great I am, THANK YOU TLS COMMUNITY." lol

He has much to be proud of, but I wouldn't suggest announcing it under the guise of a thank you letter to the TLS community.
Seriously? No one cares what you think.

Ken can do whatever he wants.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:20 pm

suits00 wrote:
I don't see how anyone can argue with you. Whether he's great or not, what you say is the truth.

It was basically, "I'm so great, I'm amazing, me me me, I I I, look at my accomplishments, look at these links that show how great I am, THANK YOU TLS COMMUNITY." lol

He has much to be proud of, but I wouldn't suggest announcing it under the guise of a thank you letter to the TLS community.
Why would it be wrong for him to post about his accomplishments on his own website, which he created? He gets leeway here that any other poster normally wouldn't. What you would or would not "suggest" to him is of no consequence. Like I said, this is his house, and we are guests.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Can you guys stop ruining what is supposed to be a cute and happy thread?

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:23 pm

How do you know what he really thinks? Are you a mind reader or just jealous?

Thanks for creating TLS Ken!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:24 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Can you guys stop ruining what is supposed to be a cute and happy thread?

If anything we are doing ken a favor - he clearly wanted the attention... Our responses are bumping this thread

Jaeger

Bronze

Post by Jaeger » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Is this the wrong place to ask for handouts? I tried the search function but I didn't see anything.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:29 pm

nucky thompson wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Can you guys stop ruining what is supposed to be a cute and happy thread?

If anything we are doing ken a favor - he clearly wanted the attention... Our responses are bumping this thread
You can bump the thread two ways:

This way
reformed calvinist wrote:Thanks Ken!
or

Your way
nucky thompson wrote: Could someone explain how the post in general, and the bolded are connected? TLS is a great resource, so thanks for creating it ken. You posted the same NYT article in an earlier thread... To be honest, it seems like you're just subtle advertising, trying to grow your personal brand - which is fine - but it just seems disingenuious to say you ONLY wrote this post because you're "thankful"
Which one ruins nice things?

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 pm

suits00 wrote:

You're an idiot.
Great interview, Ken. You totally nailed it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”