Undergrad Error Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
reinert924

New

Undergrad Error

Post by reinert924 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Last edited by reinert924 on Wed May 23, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

NomNom

Bronze

Re: Undergrad Error

Post by NomNom » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 pm

reinert924 wrote:So my undergrad just informed me that they made an error in putting me on academic probation freshman year. Obv I have already applied, pushed the "yes for academic probation" button, and written my C&F explanation for applications this year.

Should I make my undergrad send snail mail letters to my schools OR would an email be fine? I feel like timing is an issue in February, but I certainly want it to be official and all. Also, I want to make sure my undergrad follows through and actually tells my law schools.

Have them send an email from the VPAA to admissions and me (B)CCed good enough?
What was your GPA that year? How does a school mistakenly put someone on academic probation? Isn't it a set standard: either you have X.X gpa or you don't? I realize none of these questions answer yours, but I am curious.

I would email the schools you applied to and find out from them how they would like the matter to be addressed. Or better yet, call.

reinert924

New

Post by reinert924 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:37 pm

I medically withdrew from my first semester after the fact. My GPA was like a 1.5 or something, but it was because I was seriously distracted with emotional issues. When I medically withdrew, the academic probation stuck. I assumed it couldn't be erased.

Never assume. :(

NomNom

Bronze

Post by NomNom » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:10 pm

reinert924 wrote:I medically withdrew from my first semester after the fact. My GPA was like a 1.5 or something, but it was because I was seriously distracted with emotional issues. When I medically withdrew, the academic probation stuck. I assumed it couldn't be erased.

Never assume. :(
That makes more sense. I would call the schools and ask them how they want you to address it and how your school should validate. Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”