LOCI Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jrthor10

Bronze

LOCI

Post by jrthor10 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 am

I am about to send my first LOCI to a school, and I was hoping for some advice. I am not wait listed at the school, in fact my application is likely to be reviewed in the coming few weeks. I am writing the letter because, after further research, the school is my #1 choice and I don't think I did a great job (or as good of a job as I could of) expressing this in my app.

What is the usual length of a LOCI? Any topics I should definitely avoid? Who should I address it to? Is it okay to e-mail to admissions, or do I need to send it through the mail?

If there is a thread with this info already, I apologize. Just send me in the right direction in that case....

Thanks

nygrrrl

Gold

Re: LOCI

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:38 am

jrthor10 wrote:I am about to send my first LOCI to a school, and I was hoping for some advice. I am not wait listed at the school, in fact my application is likely to be reviewed in the coming few weeks. I am writing the letter because, after further research, the school is my #1 choice and I don't think I did a great job (or as good of a job as I could of) expressing this in my app.

What is the usual length of a LOCI? Any topics I should definitely avoid? Who should I address it to? Is it okay to e-mail to admissions, or do I need to send it through the mail?

If there is a thread with this info already, I apologize. Just send me in the right direction in that case....

Thanks
Mine was short and sweet: a few paragraphs. I made it clear that the school was overwhelmingly my first choice (really, the only place I would go) and highlighted the reasons why. Sent it to the Dean of Admissions; I did snail mail because I thought it would stand out more. Be honest and concise - and best of luck!

bp shinners

Gold

Re: LOCI

Post by bp shinners » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 pm

nygrrrl wrote: Mine was short and sweet: a few paragraphs. I made it clear that the school was overwhelmingly my first choice (really, the only place I would go) and highlighted the reasons why. Sent it to the Dean of Admissions; I did snail mail because I thought it would stand out more. Be honest and concise - and best of luck!
Great advice.

Be concise. Be thankful. Be well-informed. Be honest. Don't beg.

If the law school thinks that you're well aware of why you want to go to the school and honestly believes that you'd attend if admitted, your chances of getting in off the waitlist significantly increase.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”