ah i screwed up Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
swtlilsoni

Bronze

ah i screwed up

Post by swtlilsoni » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:38 pm

on one of my apps, I checked "yes" for have you applied here before. I was pretty sure I did apply there last cycle. I got an email from an admissions person saying they were confused because I said "yes" but they couldn't find me in their records as a previous applicant. I guess I hadn't applied there after all.

Now I have to reply back but I don't really know what to say. Obviously I was mistaken but how would I explain that to them.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Re: ah i screwed up

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 pm

I don't think this is a particularly hard one...just tell the staff member that you had mistakenly checked the box and you did not apply last year.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm

" Dear XXXX, I am sorry. I accidentally checked that box. I am usually so careful, and I apologize for any inconvenience. Sincerely, XXXXX."

KingsBench

New

Post by KingsBench » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:03 pm

It's no big deal. Send a short message about the error and leave it be.

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Don't listen to the other posters ITT. You're too deep into this mistake to come clean now.

Write them an e-mail back and insist that you applied there last year. Be really aggressive so that they don't think you are bluffing. Report back with their response.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jaeger

Bronze

Post by Jaeger » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:Don't listen to the other posters ITT. You're too deep into this mistake to come clean now.

Write them an e-mail back and insist that you applied there last year. Be really aggressive so that they don't think you are bluffing. Report back with their response.
TITCR

JDizzle2015

Silver

Post by JDizzle2015 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:04 am

Jaeger wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:Don't listen to the other posters ITT. You're too deep into this mistake to come clean now.

TITCR
Tell them not to insult your intelligence with their "unable to find your file" crap.

nkp007

Bronze

Post by nkp007 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 am

JDizzle2015 wrote:
Jaeger wrote:

TITCR
Tell them not to insult your intelligence with their "unable to find your file" crap.
Tell them you're disappointed at how disorganized they are and how even if accepted, you're not sure whether you'd attend.

Play hard to get. This is just like dating. Especially the crying.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 pm

nkp007 wrote: Tell them you're disappointed at how disorganized they are and how even if accepted, you're not sure whether you'd attend.

Play hard to get. This is just like dating. Especially the crying.
Since crying is SUCH a turn on...

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:25 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote: Tell them not to insult your intelligence with their "unable to find your file" crap.
Add: This is your job. FIND MY FUCKING FILE or give me a full ride!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”