Retake and Possibly Wait Another Cycle?
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:16 am
Alright, so I'm looking for a little advice as to whether I should try to retake the LSAT and what score I would need to aim for it to be worth it. To date, I've taken it twice and scored 163 then a 168 (3.56GPA). I know for certain that I never reached my full potential. I ended up getting 11 of my 15 wrong on RC alone. I don't think it would take me too much studying to get back into LG and LR form and if I can somehow find a way to master RC I could score much better. I've already applied to schools this cycle and so far this is how its gone:
In at:
UW-Madison (Wisconsin Resident currently)
Iowa
WUSTL
Minnesota with half tuition scholly
Rejected:
Michigan
Waiting on:
BU
Cornell
I'm pretty open about where I could find a job. Preferably I'd like to stay in the Midwest. I think I have pretty decent options provided that I get some good money from schools like Madison and Iowa. I'm also not completely sure as to the field I would want to get into. If my grades were good enough, I probably would accept a biglaw offer for a few years.
I should also add that I have an LSAC fee waiver and could use it on one more LSAT. So the test would be free, would just have to spend the $150-200 on materials again to study for. So would it be worth going through all the troubles that come with the LSAT again and if so, what kind of score would I need for it to be worth waiting out another cycle?
In at:
UW-Madison (Wisconsin Resident currently)
Iowa
WUSTL
Minnesota with half tuition scholly
Rejected:
Michigan
Waiting on:
BU
Cornell
I'm pretty open about where I could find a job. Preferably I'd like to stay in the Midwest. I think I have pretty decent options provided that I get some good money from schools like Madison and Iowa. I'm also not completely sure as to the field I would want to get into. If my grades were good enough, I probably would accept a biglaw offer for a few years.
I should also add that I have an LSAC fee waiver and could use it on one more LSAT. So the test would be free, would just have to spend the $150-200 on materials again to study for. So would it be worth going through all the troubles that come with the LSAT again and if so, what kind of score would I need for it to be worth waiting out another cycle?