Well this is stupid... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dream Machine

Bronze

Well this is stupid...

Post by Dream Machine » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:21 pm

I am in a fraternity of f***ing idiots. I honestly don't know why I joined, but that is neither here nor there. I am hardly involved in it, don't fit in, and never go to s***, and hate all of those assholes. Over the summer, my fraternity with over 100 people in it was charged with providing alcohol to minors by the Dean of Students Office after some dumb freshman b**** blacked out and fell down the stairs and hit her head on something. I am not sure of the details to be honest. I was never named specifically named in the charges or formally accused of anything and had no specific punishment, but my fraternity was found responsible for the incident and palced on probation and had to do something. I am not really sure because I avoid most of them, as well as the house, like the plague. I went to the Dean of Students Office, and nothing was on my record about this. I have already sent in all of my applications. Do I honestly have to disclose this now?

ColtsFan88

Silver

Re: Well this is stupid...

Post by ColtsFan88 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:24 pm

No. Your fraternity was cited, not you.

EDIT: And LOL, my fraternity was on probation for 75% of the time I was a member.

freaknroll

Bronze

Post by freaknroll » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:34 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:No. Your fraternity was cited, not you.

EDIT: And LOL, my fraternity was on probation for 75% of the time I was a member.
+1 lol

Dream Machine

Bronze

Post by Dream Machine » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:35 pm

Yeah but I am technically part of the fraternity, right?So would that mean that I was technically accused?

STLMizzou

Bronze

Post by STLMizzou » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:35 pm

+1, I don’t think mine was off probation for more than a semester my entire 4 years.

Also OP, you sound like what PKing would sound like if he was in a fraternity.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 pm

@OP
of course you don't have to report that
Last edited by JamMasterJ on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 pm

Dream Machine wrote:Yeah but I am technically part of the fraternity, right?So would that mean that I was technically accused?
No. But feel free to put your OP in an addendum if you really want to, haha.

Dream Machine

Bronze

Post by Dream Machine » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 pm

STLMizzou wrote:

+1, I don’t think mine was off probation for more than a semester my entire 4 years.

What or who is PKing?

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:44 pm

Dream Machine wrote:What or who is PKing?
Don't worry about it. Also, don't report this. Also, y u tso mad tho?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

STLMizzou

Bronze

Post by STLMizzou » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:48 pm

1. Don’t put it in your character/fitness. If you national fraternity got in trouble would you put it?
2. If you do feel the need to put it, in the addendum find some way to include “bitches be tripping” into it. Adcoms appreciate puns.

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Is basically every fraternity on probation?

My fraternity was on probation my entire UG lol

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:53 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:Is basically every fraternity on probation?

My fraternity was on probation my entire UG lol
I'm pretty sure there was a semster where every on campus fraternity was on some kind of probation at my UG. So yes.

apollo2015

Bronze

Post by apollo2015 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 pm

I recommend reconnecting with your Brothers and help them develop a new risk reduction policy, or help to implement the existing one if it is being ignored.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:06 pm

apollo2015 wrote:I recommend reconnecting with your Brothers and help them develop a new risk reduction policy, or help to implement the existing one if it is being ignored.
Watch out, here comes the resident buzzkill.

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:15 pm

apollo2015 wrote:I recommend reconnecting with your Brothers and help them develop a new risk reduction policy, or help to implement the existing one if it is being ignored.
Lol risk reduction is for pussy GDIs!

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Dream Machine wrote:I am in a fraternity of f***ing idiots. I honestly don't know why I joined, but that is neither here nor there. I am hardly involved in it, don't fit in, and never go to s***, and hate all of those assholes. Over the summer, my fraternity with over 100 people in it was charged with providing alcohol to minors by the Dean of Students Office after some dumb freshman b**** blacked out and fell down the stairs and hit her head on something.
You should probably submit this explanation verbatim as an addendum to your applications, to make it clear how different you are from your "f****** idiot" brothers. Your respect for young women (excuse me, "dumb freshman b****es") and regard for safety will really wow them.

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:02 pm

splbagel wrote:
Dream Machine wrote:I am in a fraternity of f***ing idiots. I honestly don't know why I joined, but that is neither here nor there. I am hardly involved in it, don't fit in, and never go to s***, and hate all of those assholes. Over the summer, my fraternity with over 100 people in it was charged with providing alcohol to minors by the Dean of Students Office after some dumb freshman b**** blacked out and fell down the stairs and hit her head on something.
You should probably submit this explanation verbatim as an addendum to your applications, to make it clear how different you are from your "f****** idiot" brothers. Your respect for young women (excuse me, "dumb freshman b****es") and regard for safety will really wow them.
In this context b**** is gender-neutral.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:59 pm

STLMizzou wrote:

danielhay11

Bronze

Post by danielhay11 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Apply to Dook

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:40 pm

STLMizzou wrote:1. Don’t put it in your character/fitness. If you national fraternity got in trouble would you put it?
2. If you do feel the need to put it, in the addendum find some way to include “bitches be tripping” into it. Adcoms appreciate puns.
lol at #2

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote: EDIT: And LOL, my sorority was on probation for 75% of the time I was a member.
ftfm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Dream Machine wrote:I am in a fraternity of f***ing idiots. I honestly don't know why I joined, but that is neither here nor there. I am hardly involved in it, don't fit in, and never go to s***, and hate all of those assholes. Over the summer, my fraternity with over 100 people in it was charged with providing alcohol to minors by the Dean of Students Office after some dumb freshman b**** blacked out and fell down the stairs and hit her head on something. I am not sure of the details to be honest. I was never named specifically named in the charges or formally accused of anything and had no specific punishment, but my fraternity was found responsible for the incident and palced on probation and had to do something. I am not really sure because I avoid most of them, as well as the house, like the plague. I went to the Dean of Students Office, and nothing was on my record about this. I have already sent in all of my applications. Do I honestly have to disclose this now?
Also, stop fucking censoring your swear words. This isn't honor council, nobody gives two shits if you swear.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm

vpintz wrote:
Dream Machine wrote:I am in a fraternity of f***ing idiots. I honestly don't know why I joined, but that is neither here nor there. I am hardly involved in it, don't fit in, and never go to s***, and hate all of those assholes. Over the summer, my fraternity with over 100 people in it was charged with providing alcohol to minors by the Dean of Students Office after some dumb freshman b**** blacked out and fell down the stairs and hit her head on something. I am not sure of the details to be honest. I was never named specifically named in the charges or formally accused of anything and had no specific punishment, but my fraternity was found responsible for the incident and palced on probation and had to do something. I am not really sure because I avoid most of them, as well as the house, like the plague. I went to the Dean of Students Office, and nothing was on my record about this. I have already sent in all of my applications. Do I honestly have to disclose this now?
Also, stop fucking censoring your swear words. This isn't honor council, nobody gives two shits if you swear.
omg did u jus swear

Lil Kev

New

Post by Lil Kev » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:18 pm

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Lil Kev wrote:Image
I'm so glad that nobody I know cares that much about swearing. I would lose all my money in, like, two days. If that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”