How does foreign coursework affect your LSDA GPA? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sailormoon

New

How does foreign coursework affect your LSDA GPA?

Post by sailormoon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:03 pm

A circumstance when I was in the Philippines negatively affected my grades there. I already wrote an addendum for this.

LSAC just posted the evaluation report on my foreign transcript and calculated my GPA as 3.09/1.00 for what was articulated as 2 years worth of non-pursued coursework. Roughly, this GPA translates into a 2.423 out of 4.0 scale.

LSAC calculated my GPA for the 2 1/2 years worth of coursework here in the United States (all applied to my undergraduate degree) as 3.95.

In my LSAC Academic Summary Report, it said my Undergraduate Degree GPA is 3.95.

Does this mean the GPA that law schools will consider is 3.95? :) Or will this GPA be adjusted down? :(

To what extent will the Philippine coursework affect my chances?

Thanks!

KingsBench

New

Re: How does foreign coursework affect your LSDA GPA?

Post by KingsBench » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Law schools will put the emphasis on the reported LSAC GPA, since that's what goes towards their rankings.

sailormoon

New

Post by sailormoon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:14 pm

KingsBench wrote:Law schools will put the emphasis on the reported LSAC GPA, since that's what goes towards their rankings.
If this is true, I am all :D Oh wait, which one is the reported LSAC GPA? Here, I pasted what was from the Academic Summary Report.

Undergraduate Summary

Degree (Summary) GPA: 3.95
Degree Semester Hours: 54.0
Cumulative GPA: 3.97
Cumulative Semester Hours: 80.0
Nonpunitive "NC", "WF", and "Repeated" Course Credit Hours: 0.0

jhw219

New

Post by jhw219 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm

sailormoon wrote:
KingsBench wrote:Law schools will put the emphasis on the reported LSAC GPA, since that's what goes towards their rankings.
If this is true, I am all :D Oh wait, which one is the reported LSAC GPA? Here, I pasted what was from the Academic Summary Report.

Undergraduate Summary

Degree (Summary) GPA: 3.95
Degree Semester Hours: 54.0
Cumulative GPA: 3.97
Cumulative Semester Hours: 80.0
Nonpunitive "NC", "WF", and "Repeated" Course Credit Hours: 0.0
From what you've posted, I'm not sure where the Phillippine coursework factors in since your cumulative GPA is higher but it's the Cumulative GPA (3.97) that matters

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”