Um. Should I still apply to GW at this point or too late? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
swoozie

Bronze

Um. Should I still apply to GW at this point or too late?

Post by swoozie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:18 pm

I didn't originally apply to GW as I didn't think I would possibly choose it, but I've been doing a lot more reading on the boards the past few days around IP and job prospects and feeling pretty stupid. I don't have a waiver but I am thinking of just sending an application in now.

I don't know what my chances to get a decent scholarship at GW with my numbers (3.5/172) are and applying this late, but would they likely still be better than my other schools? (basically from CCN down to Vandy, minus B, UVA, & UT Austin - I know I'm out for serious money anywhere anyways, and probably at sticker for the higher-ranked schools IF I even get in).

bdubs

Gold

Re: Um. Should I still apply to GW at this point or too late?

Post by bdubs » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Looking on LSN you won't get money from GW anyway, so why bother? Your best bets are MVPDNC, depending on where you want to work and if any of them will give you a small scholarship.

swoozie

Bronze

Post by swoozie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 am

bdubs wrote:Looking on LSN you won't get money from GW anyway, so why bother? Your best bets are MVPDNC, depending on where you want to work and if any of them will give you a small scholarship.
You just reminded me I definitely don't use LSN as much as I probably should.
I took a look though and there really isn't too much $ data. You're right about what's on there not looking very positive anyways, I just wondered if this was a chance I was blatantly missing.

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 am

GW basically only gives schollys if you get in ED and is stingy on need-based aid. so your chances of getting money at this point are basically nil.

that said, if you're patent bar eligible, that seems to be the ticket at GW right now, so you probably don't have to be concerned with $$ as us poli sci majors. you'll actually be employed after graduation.

swoozie

Bronze

Post by swoozie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:11 pm

dudders wrote:GW basically only gives schollys if you get in ED and is stingy on need-based aid. so your chances of getting money at this point are basically nil.
That's what I wanted to know. :) Thanks very much. If sticker I think I'll just try to go higher, even with GW's IP program. I am patent bar eligible but not 100% sure that's what I want to do, I just recognize it's probably my best chance at getting employment and don't want to throw away that chance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”