Trying to understand the LSAT Application process Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
givemea170

Bronze

Trying to understand the LSAT Application process

Post by givemea170 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:34 pm

I have applied to 14 schools. If I log into LSAT.com, it says I have 12 requests received and 0 reports sent.

Can someone who knows more than myself about this process just confirm if this is the order of what needs to happen.

I'm guessing soon it'll say 14 requests received and then when I start seeing 14 reports sent I know I am on my way. Once the school receives the report, that is when I will go into Complete, correct? After that, I will wait and then see In review? And then I'll either be waitlisted, accepted, or denied, correct?

MrShneebly

New

Re: Trying to understand the LSAT Application process

Post by MrShneebly » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:29 pm

givemea170 wrote:I have applied to 14 schools. If I log into LSAT.com, it says I have 12 requests received and 0 reports sent.

Can someone who knows more than myself about this process just confirm if this is the order of what needs to happen.

I'm guessing soon it'll say 14 requests received and then when I start seeing 14 reports sent I know I am on my way. Once the school receives the report, that is when I will go into Complete, correct? After that, I will wait and then see In review? And then I'll either be waitlisted, accepted, or denied, correct?
You're fine. That said, if you applied on something called LSAT.com, you're getting swindled lol

Wonk

New

Post by Wonk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 pm

I have 5 requests received and 0 reports sent but a couple of my schools have received everything so I think the "reports sent" number is just slow to update. Good luck.

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 am

MrShneebly wrote:
givemea170 wrote:I have applied to 14 schools. If I log into LSAT.com, it says I have 12 requests received and 0 reports sent.

You're fine. That said, if you applied on something called LSAT.com, you're getting swindled lol

I've always went to LSAT.com and then it transfers me to lsac.org. lol

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:36 pm

The reports will be sent once each school requests them. It should only day a couple of days. Once the reports are sent, you won't get anymore updates from LSAC. Some schools will send you status checkers where you can find out if you're complete/under review/etc. Some schools will just email you at each of those stages and some schools will tell you absolutely nothing and then one day you'll come home and find a letter with their decision.

givemea170

Bronze

Post by givemea170 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Magnolia wrote:

The reports will be sent once each school requests them. It should only day a couple of days. Once the reports are sent, you won't get anymore updates from LSAC. Some schools will send you status checkers where you can find out if you're complete/under review/etc. Some schools will just email you at each of those stages and some schools will tell you absolutely nothing and then one day you'll come home and find a letter with their decision.

That sucks, I was afraid of that.

I guess I'll take solace in knowing I applied to 16 schools and at least 10 of them I would consider going to. It sucks I will be waiting so long without a clue of how long though. This process is very outdated it seems.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”