Has anyone submitted LORs recently? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fashiongirl

Bronze

Has anyone submitted LORs recently?

Post by fashiongirl » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:32 pm

My recommenders just sent in my LORs this past week. Has anyone submitted any recently? My transcripts were posted to my account within a few days after they were sent (but this was back in August). I put off requesting my LORs until I took the Dec LSAT.

Has anyone had theirs sent out this month? How long did it take to upload to your acct?

Betharl

Bronze

Re: Has anyone submitted LORs recently?

Post by Betharl » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 pm

I am interested in the answer to this as well. Would it be better to have the LOR faxed at this point, or is there any chance a LOR sent today or tomorrow would get processed before LSAC closes from Dec 24-Jan 2?

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:27 pm

I know they would prefer not to have it faxed since it doesn't come out as clearly.... anyone send in LORs this month?!?!

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:47 pm

I faxed one in last week, was up within 12 hours. They don't like faxing b/c it can make the barcode hard/impossible to scan. Most of my letters this cycle were faxed without issue (except for one but when it was refaxed it was up in a few hours). If you want to get your apps out i'd definitely fax them, especially because mail this time of year is unpredictable.

lk234

New

Post by lk234 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:58 pm

One of mine was mailed on Saturday (from New York), it was up on the LSAC site on Monday and I received email confirmation on Tuesday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks everyone! Does it hurt to have my recommenders fax in my LORs if they are not up by the time Dec scores are released? Or should I just rely on the mailed in letters and cross my fingers?

sgt101st

New

Post by sgt101st » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Sent certified mail (UPS version of it) on Monday, got the notice this morning (3 days) that LSAC received and posted.

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Anyone know what happens if I fax my LOR and then they receive the snail mail copy later? Maybe I'll just stop being lazy and call them when I get off work today.

swoozie

Bronze

Post by swoozie » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:04 pm

I had one sent in mid-Nov that wasn't showing up for...maybe 5-6 days?? So I asked that prof to fax a copy too. The next day it was in my file, dunno whether it was the one that was faxed or mailed.

At any rate, I think another recommender I had also faxed and then mailed a backup copy, so I think it's fine.

fashiongirl

Bronze

Post by fashiongirl » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:24 am

Thanks everyone! I think it's too late to bother my teacher to fax it in but my other recommender faxed it. All I can do is wait now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”