need some info first time applying... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DoctorLaw

Bronze

need some info first time applying...

Post by DoctorLaw » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:11 pm

I might be ignorant about this one because I haven't even looked at ls applications, but I had one question about the personal statement, so when I create one and I have to submit to every law school that requires it.. I change up the name of the school within in the personal statement and do i upload it on to lsac? or individually submit it to every law school I am applying to?

For example, can somebody give me an example of any law school they applied and how you went about completing the application? Thanks

HellOnHeels

Silver

Re: need some info first time applying...

Post by HellOnHeels » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:56 pm

You upload your PS through LSAC. You can do this one of two ways - you can upload it to your "Files" and then select the PS from the list of files when filling out that portion of the application, or you can upload from your computer during each application.

Most apps seem to follow the same format: Demographics, School/Work experience, C&F, Residency, a few other questions, and all your statements and addendums.
Last edited by HellOnHeels on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:57 pm

You upload each personal statement individually.

DoctorLaw

Bronze

Post by DoctorLaw » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:07 pm

stephinmd wrote:You upload your PS through LSAC. You can do this one of two ways - you can upload it to your "Files" and then select the PS from the list of files when filling out that portion of the application, or you can upload from your computer during each application.

Most apps seem to follow the same format: Demographics, School/Work experience, C&F, Residency, a few other questions, and all your statements and addendums.

+1

cutecarmel

Silver

Post by cutecarmel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:57 pm

If you do not mention the school name in the PS, you can upload it and save it to your "common files" (or something like that) and upload the same one everytime.

But you do have to upload one to each application (it will not let you submit unless you do). Read carefully because some schools request different things for the PS and you may have to tweak it a bit to make it appropriate for the law schools that you are applying to.
DoctorLaw wrote:I might be ignorant about this one because I haven't even looked at ls applications, but I had one question about the personal statement, so when I create one and I have to submit to every law school that requires it.. I change up the name of the school within in the personal statement and do i upload it on to lsac? or individually submit it to every law school I am applying to?

For example, can somebody give me an example of any law school they applied and how you went about completing the application? Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”