Duke Dual Degree admissions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Neatrends

Bronze

Duke Dual Degree admissions

Post by Neatrends » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:18 am

If I apply for a Duke dual degree JD/XX and am accepted, do I still retain the right to decide to switch back to just a JD program if I want to for some reason?

Geetar Man

Silver

Re: Duke Dual Degree admissions

Post by Geetar Man » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:35 am

Neatrends wrote:If I apply for a Duke dual degree JD/XX and am accepted, do I still retain the right to decide to switch back to just a JD program if I want to for some reason?

I would believe so. Reason being that I think you have to apply to both programs separately. Sometimes you don't though.

In most cases, it seems like if you dropped the XX program, it would probably just affect the year that you do it because you would have to wait (most likely) the entire rest of the year while law school proceeds, since you wouldn't be registered.

This would be a huge waste of time so I think you should really consider your reasons for going into a dual degree program. It's a HUGE commitment and has the potential to fuck you if you stop halfway through or what not (for a little while, at least). HTH

*reason I am making this guess is because I did a little bit of research for doing a JD/Phd in Philosophy for a while. **

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”