Submitting Apps with LOR Not-Submitted Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RamblinBoyofPleasure

New

Submitting Apps with LOR Not-Submitted

Post by RamblinBoyofPleasure » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 pm

One of my professors still has not submitted his LOR. I want them to see his letter, but I also do not want to wait any longer with submitting my application. Should I submit it now, or wait?

breadbucket

Bronze

Re: Submitting Apps with LOR Not-Submitted

Post by breadbucket » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:08 pm

I was in a very similar position about a week ago. Do you already have the minimum number of letters required by the institution to which you are submitting an application? Having read my recommender's letter, I was glad that I waited. However if you haven't seen the letter you are waiting on, you have to weigh its hypothetical worth; as a third or fourth letter that isn't required, is it really worth stalling your already submitted letters/whole application? Do you know the quality of your already submitted letters?

Samara

Gold

Re: Submitting Apps with LOR Not-Submitted

Post by Samara » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:27 am

If you already have the minimum, go ahead and submit. Then, when the letter is ready, add it to your file. It will likely take several weeks for the schools to process your app, so if the letter will be ready soon, you will be able to add it before a decision on your application is rendered.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”