Where can I go for free? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BeerMaker

Bronze

Where can I go for free?

Post by BeerMaker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:22 pm

3.4/166 white male

Best schools I'd be able go to for free or with significant scholarship money?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Where can I go for free?

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Indiana, Illinois, Iowa & Wisconsin should offer substantial scholarship money.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:35 pm

You can go to a lot of places for free. Cooley is one of them. So I think maybe you need to narrow down your criteria...

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:35 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:You can go to a lot of places for free. Cooley is one of them. So I think maybe you need to narrow down your criteria...
TBF, he did say "best" schools.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:38 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:You can go to a lot of places for free. Cooley is one of them. So I think maybe you need to narrow down your criteria...
:roll:

Op, midwestern lower T1s will be good choices

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:45 pm

I think the midwest school thing is credited if you dont mind living in the midwest - but if it were me, id go with like villanova/temple and shoot for philly, pittsburgh for pittsburgh, u maryland for baltimore, etc. or pepperdine for malibu just because

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:20 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:I think the midwest school thing is credited if you dont mind living in the midwest - but if it were me, id go with like villanova/temple and shoot for philly, pittsburgh for pittsburgh, u maryland for baltimore, etc. or pepperdine for malibu just because
Pitt doesn't offer full rides. They offer, with few exceptions, no more than half tuition (14k). Hope that helps.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

OP, why don't you tell us a region so we can be more helpful?

BeerMaker

Bronze

Post by BeerMaker » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:56 am

I'm from the midwest. I don't mind moving, though. I have no real care where I end up practicing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:57 am

89vision wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:I think the midwest school thing is credited if you dont mind living in the midwest - but if it were me, id go with like villanova/temple and shoot for philly, pittsburgh for pittsburgh, u maryland for baltimore, etc. or pepperdine for malibu just because
Pitt doesn't offer full rides. They offer, with few exceptions, no more than half tuition (14k). Hope that helps.
Its so funny, I know Pitt doesn't offer full rides now through TLS... Since I live in Pittsburgh I hear a lot of people talk about it, I've heard 3 individuals mention turning down a full ride from Pitt, it takes so much for me to not call them a fucking liar in front of everyone lol

SUCO

New

Post by SUCO » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:03 am

ThreeRivers wrote:
89vision wrote:
Its so funny, I know Pitt doesn't offer full rides now through TLS... Since I live in Pittsburgh I hear a lot of people talk about it, I've heard 3 individuals mention turning down a full ride from Pitt, it takes so much for me to not call them a fucking liar in front of everyone lol
What if TLS are the liars? Dun... dun... dunnnnnnnnnn

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:08 am

This program is designed to address the critical need to recruit and retain African American graduate and professional students, and to ultimately enhance the African American presence in the University. It will provide full in-state tuition to one academically outstanding applicant. The scholarship committee reviews all accepted applicants in the spring and the award will be made prior to our April 15th deposit deadline.
so there's at least one

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:17 am

JamMasterJ wrote:from: --LinkRemoved--
This program is designed to address the critical need to recruit and retain African American graduate and professional students, and to ultimately enhance the African American presence in the University. It will provide full in-state tuition to one academically outstanding applicant. The scholarship committee reviews all accepted applicants in the spring and the award will be made prior to our April 15th deposit deadline.
so there's at least one
What about a white male who is probably the richest person I know who had a 3.7 / 159?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:18 am

SUCO wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:
89vision wrote:
What if TLS are the liars? Dun... dun... dunnnnnnnnnn
Lol, possible but none of these individuals really had the numbers to get a full ride even if Pitt did hand them out

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:19 am

BeerMaker wrote:I'm from the midwest. I don't mind moving, though. I have no real care where I end up practicing.
Then you need to go to a Midwestern school or a top national school.

T1 Big Ten schools. Maybe I'll see you on campus at one of the places because its where I'm applying also.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:39 am

ThreeRivers wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:from: --LinkRemoved--
so there's at least one
What about a white male who is probably the richest person I know who had a 3.7 / 159?
I have no idea whether they have an full schollies other than that one, but either way, probably not

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:41 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
89vision wrote:
I'm from PGH but don't hear anyone saying they have full rides to Pitt. I doubt someone with a 3.7/159 at a school with a 161 median is getting a full ride to a school that offers up to half tuition. Did you see a copy of the letter/email with the full scholarship offer? That would be interesting if you did.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”