Reapplying a couple years later... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nsideirish

Bronze

Reapplying a couple years later...

Post by nsideirish » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Wow..its been a while since I last posted here. Quick background: initially planned to attend LS straight from UG. Took LSAT June going into my senior year, wasn't prepared, scored a 159. Retook in October and scored in the mid 160s. Got into a few decent T1's but after doing research, the debt and dismal job prospects led me to decide to not go through with it and to work instead. Am now working doing legal research/clerking at a mid sized firm. Love the experience and decided law is something I want to pursue. I plan on taking the LSAT again this June and applying in the fall.

My question: I will be aiming for a 170+ in June. Will my two previous scores (from two years prior) really hurt my chances at a T-14 despite my WE?

I really appreciate any help/advice/tips.

Thanks

Gold

Re: Reapplying a couple years later...

Post by 20130312 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:56 pm

This page will be useful for you. Many schools only care about your highest score, but some on that list average or don't average but still look at all your scores.

clarified_butter

Bronze

Post by clarified_butter » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:23 pm

You'll be fine...no worries. Good luck.
nsideirish wrote:Wow..its been a while since I last posted here. Quick background: initially planned to attend LS straight from UG. Took LSAT June going into my senior year, wasn't prepared, scored a 159. Retook in October and scored in the mid 160s. Got into a few decent T1's but after doing research, the debt and dismal job prospects led me to decide to not go through with it and to work instead. Am now working doing legal research/clerking at a mid sized firm. Love the experience and decided law is something I want to pursue. I plan on taking the LSAT again this June and applying in the fall.

My question: I will be aiming for a 170+ in June. Will my two previous scores (from two years prior) really hurt my chances at a T-14 despite my WE?

I really appreciate any help/advice/tips.

Thanks

BeerMaker

Bronze

Post by BeerMaker » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:20 am

Don't worry about your old scores. Back when you and I first took the tests ( I took it back in 2008 a couple of times) some schools still seemed resistant to the multiple score applicants. Today so many students take the LSAT multiple times that schools don't even pay attention to anything but the highest. They brought it on themselves by openly stating that they were taking the highest score. New students don't know any different. Frowning on multiple scores is a thing of the past. Phew!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 am

HYS are the only ones that might care a tiny bit

clarified_butter

Bronze

Post by clarified_butter » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:33 am

+1
BeerMaker wrote:Today so many students take the LSAT multiple times that schools don't even pay attention to anything but the highest.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”