One more person whining about low gpa Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
teflon123

New

One more person whining about low gpa

Post by teflon123 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Sadly, it applies to me.

Profile: Mechanical Engineer/Top 10 program (in category of schools that don't offer PhDs)/ Undergrad GPA: 3.06/ Currently in grad school for MS in Mechanical Engineering/ Haven't taken LSAT yet

Aspirations: Want to attend T-14 school (Michigan); want to pursue a career in Corporate/Entrepreneurial Law (Yes, I actually want to get a JD to become a lawyer, not to add inches); I have a strong drive to pursue this career, and I am not in it just for the money (although I am very conscious of the student loans I'd have to take to get through law school)

Advice on LSAT preparation and a doze of reality would be appreciated.

I realize that with my current status (even if I score well on the LSAT) the admission decision makers at UofM would probably take a pencil and start pushing my folder towards the edge of their table and into the trash can. Is there anything I can do to get a little closer to a letter of acceptance? Also, do engineers really get a bit more consideration from admissions, or is that just a pile of steaming bs?

Other random stuff that may or may not make a difference:
Over 2 years of internship experience at a tier 1 auto supplier
Currently am working as a researcher
Involved in several ugrad ECs, climbed the ladder to President/Director in all activities
Long-time member and leader in school's Entrepreneur group (climbed the ladder there too to prez)

Your turn to type...

Gold

Re: One more person whining about low gpa

Post by 20130312 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”