Which addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jediknight2424

Bronze

Which addendum?

Post by jediknight2424 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Which one? Any general advice or edits?

My poor GPA is not indicative of my academic potential or my work ethic. As an underclassman, I had difficulty balancing classes with my leadership positions and part-time job. As a result, I lost my merit scholarship and started working multiple jobs to pay for tuition. My financial situation eventually improved and I was able to finish my undergraduate career with strong grades. My final institution GPA is 3.399. I am financially secure enough to pay for law school and do not intend to work while attending.

I was not focused enough on my academics. While working part-time and organizing Model UN conferences, I let my grades slip and lost my scholarship. I worked even more hours to pay for school. In short, I could not meet the demands of my schedule and the fault was entirely my own. Eventually, I learned to effectively manage my time and developed a good work ethic. I finished with strong grades and an institution GPA of 3.39. I am also now financially secure enough to attend law school without working at the same time.

msblaw89

Gold

Re: Which addendum?

Post by msblaw89 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 pm

gaud

Platinum

Re: Which addendum?

Post by gaud » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:18 pm

msblaw89 wrote:#1

Yes. The problem with your second one is that you openly admit you weren't focused enough on your academics. No bueno, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”