Status checker vs. E-mails Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ThreeRivers

Silver

Status checker vs. E-mails

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Applying to 17 schools, checking statuses is getting kind of annoying. I've noticed that any change so far has come simultaneously with an e-mail. Is this usually the case / can I stop checking all of these statuses?

JoeMo

Gold

Re: Status checker vs. E-mails

Post by JoeMo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:05 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:Applying to 17 schools, checking statuses is getting kind of annoying. I've noticed that any change so far has come simultaneously with an e-mail. Is this usually the case / can I stop checking all of these statuses?
Yeah, the status checkers seem to be more for the benefit of those of us that enjoy the torture. Also, for anyone that might not have sent in all their requirements at once.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:06 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:Applying to 17 schools, checking statuses is getting kind of annoying. I've noticed that any change so far has come simultaneously with an e-mail. Is this usually the case / can I stop checking all of these statuses?
I dont think that they are all simultaneous, and I think some are done through the mail, but youll find out eventually if you ignore your status checkers.

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:07 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
I dont think that they are all simultaneous, and I think some are done through the mail, but youll find out eventually if you ignore your status checkers.
Some of them are insanely hidden on the site.... I'm probably just going to make a word file with all the links. Shouldn't be that bad then I guess

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:09 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
Some of them are insanely hidden on the site.... I'm probably just going to make a word file with all the links. Shouldn't be that bad then I guess
I tried that, it doesn't work. Because the link is essentially the same for all the status checkers, you have to get there from the school's site. If you go from a word doc, it's going to say you got there by mistake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:12 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
Just bookmark the page where you click on the link, not the actual status checker and you can open them all at once. In Firefox at least.

Hopefully2012

Bronze

Post by Hopefully2012 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:25 pm

TLS threads are more helpful than status checkers. The people who got into W&M so far this cycle found out via status checker (I just monitor the TLS threads for the schools I've applied to and once people start getting in, I log in to check my status). No emails have been sent yet by W&M.

ETA: UMich admits this cycle are finding out by randomly being able to access the accepted students' website even when the status checker still hasn't changed. Monitor TLS.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:54 pm

I'm in at three schools so far, and I found out about two via status checkers (Texas; W&M).

But I agree that keeping an eye on the TLS threads is probably a better thing to do - so long as you can cope with seeing other people getting in without hearing anything yourself.

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:01 pm

neeko wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
Just bookmark the page where you click on the link, not the actual status checker and you can open them all at once. In Firefox at least.
An even simpler solution is to right click and bookmark the link to the status checker. That way you remove another step.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm trying this, but they're all saving the same.... I can't get Boston, it always saves as W&L for example

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:31 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I'm trying this, but they're all saving the same.... I can't get Boston, it always saves as W&L for example
Mine won't let me mark the actual checker, it has to be schools page before checker. Don't know why.

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:33 pm

neeko wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:I'm trying this, but they're all saving the same.... I can't get Boston, it always saves as W&L for example
Mine won't let me mark the actual checker, it has to be schools page before checker. Don't know why.
This is fucking dumb... it takes way too long, idk why they all have to be the same link / complicate everything

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Really? For example, for Stanford, I have this link bookmarked:

https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D

which is unique.

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Really? For example, for Stanford, I have this link bookmarked:

https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D

which is unique.
A couple worked, most ended up being the same / wouldn't let me save as each other. O well I just deleted all my other book marks / added in link before status checker for most of them and made a bookmark bar. So no I can just click on any and pretty much be there.

A LOT easier than googling / searching every single one

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”