Did I make a big mistake? High School information Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JGK

New

Did I make a big mistake? High School information

Post by JGK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:45 pm

I just received an email from Brooklyn law school that my file is not complete, even though the status tracker was 'In Review' for the past couple days already. The email says I need to submit my 'Education--High School' information. Does anyone know how I should send this information? Should I just send a reply email with all the information about my high school? Name, address, time attended etc.? Or is there a specific form I need to fill out somewhere? I can't seem to find one if there is.

Also, did every application require high school information? I'm not sure why, but I only put post-secondary information, and one a few of the apps they did ask for my high school information, which I gave. But otherwise I only gave my undergrad. I hope I don't receive an email from every school I applied to with the same problem.

D1989

New

Re: Did I make a big mistake? High School information

Post by D1989 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:52 pm

I just received the same e-mail, and do not recall seeing anything on the application regarding high school information. The e-mail also is devoid of any explanation as far as what exactly they are looking for. Do they want the high school name? Dates attended? Address? I'll probably call admissions on Monday and ask.

JGK

New

Post by JGK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm atleast glad that I'm not alone. I'll try and call today and post if I find anything out.

JGK

New

Post by JGK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:20 pm

I just called Admissions and they said you should reply in an email to whoever sent it to you. There's no forms or anything. They just want the name of the High School you attended and the years attended. She knew right away, I guess people have been calling all day.

I guess there was really no point to this thread, but hopefully someone else will find it helpful.

hadisious

Bronze

Post by hadisious » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Is it only Brooklyn Law that does this? Or have you heard from any other schools?

I wonder if I should include my high school information on my application just to be safe.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

D1989

New

Post by D1989 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:25 pm

JGK wrote:I guess there was really no point to this thread, but hopefully someone else will find it helpful.
Well, it saved me a phone call, so I appreciate it!
hadisious wrote:Is it only Brooklyn Law that does this? Or have you heard from any other schools?

I wonder if I should include my high school information on my application just to be safe.
I submitted my applications to about 15 schools last Friday, and Brooklyn is so far the only one that has sent this e-mail. A couple schools required that you submit some HS information (which pretty much entailed school name and years attended), but every other school -- including Brooklyn, IIRC -- did not even have a section for that information. I think it's probably just something with Brooklyn and you should be fine without including it on other applications for which it is not necessary.

barryg

New

Post by barryg » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:30 am

Within the Education section on the Flex Application, "High School" is one of the options, so it seems that Brooklyn wants that , too. (school, location, dates attended)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”