Stupid, Careless C+F Question/Mistake Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ohyouknow

New

Stupid, Careless C+F Question/Mistake

Post by ohyouknow » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks for the help and advice everyone!
Last edited by ohyouknow on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

paratactical

Platinum

Re: Stupid, Careless C+F Question/Mistake

Post by paratactical » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:54 am

This is your applications you're talking about, right?

If so, I'd call schools and ask.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:56 am

It's weighing on your conscience, not your conscious.

You can email the schools instead of calling. Probably better to have the virtual paper trail than just a verbal conversation, anyway.

If there's any doubt, just disclose it. The schools most definitely will not care, but there's a small chance it could come up at C&F time, and better safe than sorry.

ohyouknow

New

Post by ohyouknow » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:01 am

rinkrat19 wrote:It's weighing on your conscience, not your conscious.

You can email the schools instead of calling. Probably better to have the virtual paper trail than just a verbal conversation, anyway.

If there's any doubt, just disclose it. The schools most definitely will not care, but there's a small chance it could come up at C&F time, and better safe than sorry.
Oops, that's embarrassing. Thanks for the typo correction.

Sorry for the ambiguity, I do mean the C+F questions on law school applications. Okay, I'll email and/or call the schools next week. Thanks for the advice, both of you.

masochist

Bronze

Post by masochist » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:23 am

It is always safer to disclose because nobody will care that you forgot your subway pass one day when you were an undergraduate; however, neglecting to mention it can't be construed as misleading or evasive by any reasonable person. Although it is ambiguous, I actually agree with your first interpretation of the disclosure requirement. Furthermore, people forget minor citations all of the time.

I am 99% certain you'd be fine if you did nothing, and I am 100% certain you could email this question to the schools without affecting your application cycle in the least.

Mostly, just relax. The process of applying for law school skews one's perspective about the importance of minor details. You will look back in one year and think that you went a little crazy (I know I went mildly insane for three months).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 am

Dude stop stressing out. You can email the schools if you want but there is no way anybody would give any fucks about this. It got dismissed.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:31 am

As with almost all disclosure issues, no one will care as long as you correct things for full disclosure.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:34 am

Just correct it. They understand people forget or misunderstand. So long as you correct. I'd correct sooner rather than later.

Michigan even gives an amnesty speech during the first week and remind people to amend if they forgot something. So long as it was not something that would have prevented you from getting in, they will attach a letter saying it wouldn't have hurt you...in hopes of alleviating C&F problems.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”