Dumb question, but I want to be sure Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JustSomebody

New

Dumb question, but I want to be sure

Post by JustSomebody » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:18 pm

My LSAC GPA is actually higher than the GPA from my undergrad school, so on the education section on the apps when it asks for my GPA from my undergrad, is it okay to put the LSAC GPA as opposed to the institutional GPA?

goop92

New

Re: Dumb question, but I want to be sure

Post by goop92 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:25 pm

I had the same situation because I attended multiple schools (I'm assuming that is your case also). When applications asked for my undergrad institution GPA, I did not put my LSAC GPA, I put the undergrad institution GPA. They'll still see your LSAC GPA and it's better to be safe and not have the admissions committee think you're trying to pull a fast one. They don't like that.

JustSomebody

New

Post by JustSomebody » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:30 pm

goop92 wrote:I had the same situation because I attended multiple schools (I'm assuming that is your case also). When applications asked for my undergrad institution GPA, I did not put my LSAC GPA, I put the undergrad institution GPA. They'll still see your LSAC GPA and it's better to be safe and not have the admissions committee think you're trying to pull a fast one. They don't like that.
I actually only attended one school for undergrad. My LSAC GPA is higher because it took A+'s into account, whereas my undergrad listed the A+ on the transcript but only counted it as a 4.0. So I thought since I only attended one, it might be okay to list the LSAC GPA instead of the institutional GPA. I don't want them to think I'm being dishonest or anything, but at the same time I don't really want to draw attention to the fact that my LSAC GPA is a full .1 higher than my undergrad GPA.

roguewave19

New

Post by roguewave19 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:24 pm

List your institutional GPA under your institution. They'll know why your LSAC gpa is higher, that's the case for a lot of people.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:25 pm

roguewave19 wrote:List your institutional GPA under your institution. They'll know why your LSAC gpa is higher, that's the case for a lot of people.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”