PT --> FT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
llachans

Silver

PT --> FT

Post by llachans » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Are there any negatives to applying to a reach school for the part-time application and increasing my possibility at admittance?

I was considering applying PT at George Washington, Fordham, and Georgetown.

Generally how easy is it to transfer to the full-time program your 2nd year?

Thanks!

paul34

Bronze

Re: PT --> FT

Post by paul34 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:57 pm

From the few PT programs I've taken a look at, it seems that the general trend is that one cannot make that crossover. You'd probably have an easier time transferring in before 2L, which itself is kind of difficult at most schools.

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:10 pm

llachans wrote:Are there any negatives to applying to a reach school for the part-time application and increasing my possibility at admittance?

I was considering applying PT at George Washington, Fordham, and Georgetown.

Generally how easy is it to transfer to the full-time program your 2nd year?

Thanks!
I created a thread about this but didn't get any responses. Is it easier to get into a reach program by applying PT? I've heard schools need to report all students gpa/LSAT negating a pt applicants advantage

AlexanderSupertramp

Bronze

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm

There's someone in my torts class who transferred from the p/t program. I've also seen her in a few 2L classes as well. She's a bitch, though, so I don't talk to her.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:00 pm

This used to be very common at Fordham but they are making it tougher to do.
You can still take summer courses and transfer between 1L and 2L, but the school is closing
that loophole.
Not only have they reduced the evening division (PT) class by 50% (it is now 80 people), they are also committed to increasing the median score/GPA numbers for the PT program (yes, this is partially in response to the USNWR). The director of admissions is quite open about the fact that he wants to see this program go back to being a true PT program, serving working students.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”