Free proctored Kaplan test on campus: Is it simply June '07? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SeaDove28

New

Free proctored Kaplan test on campus: Is it simply June '07?

Post by SeaDove28 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:21 pm

My UG is offering a free diagnostic proctored LSAT next weekend. I tried calling Kaplan to find whether it's the June 07 free one already offered by LSAC, but they said they don't know. Anyone taken a "free" Kaplan proctored LSAT before, and if so was it simply the LSAC June 07 one? If not, was it another official PT made by LSAC?

Veyron

Gold

Re: Free proctored Kaplan test on campus: Is it simply June '07?

Post by Veyron » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 pm

SeaDove28 wrote:My UG is offering a free diagnostic proctored LSAT next weekend. I tried calling Kaplan to find whether it's the June 07 free one already offered by LSAC, but they said they don't know. Anyone taken a "free" Kaplan proctored LSAT before, and if so was it simply the LSAC June 07 one? If not, was it another official PT made by LSAC?
Unofficial and worthless.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:40 pm

SeaDove28 wrote:My UG is offering a free diagnostic proctored LSAT next weekend. I tried calling Kaplan to find whether it's the June 07 free one already offered by LSAC, but they said they don't know. Anyone taken a "free" Kaplan proctored LSAT before, and if so was it simply the LSAC June 07 one? If not, was it another official PT made by LSAC?
I took this a while ago and mine was PT 36 I believe.

SeaDove28

New

Post by SeaDove28 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:30 am

So it looks like both of you had different tests?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:13 am

Veyron wrote:
What? AFAIK Kaplan only uses real LSAC PTs; I took a free proctored practice exam with them and it was an official PT, and their courses use real PTs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:47 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
Veyron wrote:
What? AFAIK Kaplan only uses real LSAC PTs; I took a free proctored practice exam with them and it was an official PT, and their courses use real PTs.
Well, I'm an old-timer. Must have changed since my day.

*Grows beard*

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:17 pm

I took one from Kaplan, one from Princeton Review. Both real LSAT's. I don't remember which ones, but they are worth it.

Triveal

New

Post by Triveal » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:25 pm

It's PT36. I took a free Kaplan test as well as my diagnostic before I started actually prepping. The dude said it's the only exam they're allowed to give out without charging money.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”