Incorrect Resume on Submitted App Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
scottybared

Bronze

Incorrect Resume on Submitted App

Post by scottybared » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:51 am

Friday night I submitted an application to one of my safety schools (I have no desire to go there unless I get a huge scholarship and even then I'd probably try to use that to negotiate a bigger deal at another school). The application was free, so I'm not super stressed about blowing it, but I uploaded a resume with a pretty serious mistake. A description of some volunteer work I did was inadvertently copied into the description of one of the jobs listed. How do I go about submitting a new resume? I assume I should send it to the school directly, but do I need to wait until the report is sent? Do you think a phone call to the admissions office explaining the situation would be beneficial, or should I just phone/fax the resume? Thanks.

LawSchoolGuru

New

Re: Incorrect Resume on Submitted App

Post by LawSchoolGuru » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:00 am

scottybared wrote:Friday night I submitted an application to one of my safety schools (I have no desire to go there unless I get a huge scholarship and even then I'd probably try to use that to negotiate a bigger deal at another school). The application was free, so I'm not super stressed about blowing it, but I uploaded a resume with a pretty serious mistake. A description of some volunteer work I did was inadvertently copied into the description of one of the jobs listed. How do I go about submitting a new resume? I assume I should send it to the school directly, but do I need to wait until the report is sent? Do you think a phone call to the admissions office explaining the situation would be beneficial, or should I just phone/fax the resume? Thanks.
Email them and tell them you made a mistake. No biggie.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”