Graduate college in December and start LS in January--HELP! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
halostarbucks

New

Graduate college in December and start LS in January--HELP!

Post by halostarbucks » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Okay here is my Dillema. This is my last undergrad semester at the University of Memphis, I will be graduating in December. I have been accepted by Washburn Law School for Spring Admission. Heres the problem, they require an official transcript from my University showing that I have recieved my Bachelor's Degree by JANUARY 4th!!!!

Classes do not even end until the 15 of December and I am certain the registrars office will be closed the week of Christmas/New Years. How the hell am I possibly going to be able to get the required documentation to the LS Admissions Office in that time frame!!!! Who else has been in this situation? Somebody, anybody, please help!

Hopefully2012

Bronze

Re: Graduate college in December and start LS in January--HELP!

Post by Hopefully2012 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Call your LS and explain the situation. They will be able to address your concerns better than anyone here.

halostarbucks

New

Post by halostarbucks » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:Call your LS and explain the situation. They will be able to address your concerns better than anyone here.

Oh trust me I'm definitely going to do that, but I'm sure that someone on here has either been in a similar situation before or has knowledge of what to do in this situation.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:12 pm

And if your undergrad is anything like mine then it will be weeks before your degree is even officially conferred and notice of graduation can be included on your transcript. But I'm sure the law school has dealt with this situation before and will have an answer for you that doesn't involve them giving up whatever exorbitant tuition you're going to be paying them.

halostarbucks

New

Post by halostarbucks » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:And if your undergrad is anything like mine then it will be weeks before your degree is even officially conferred and notice of graduation can be included on your transcript. But I'm sure the law school has dealt with this situation before and will have an answer for you that doesn't involve them giving up whatever exorbitant tuition you're going to be paying them.
That's what I'm hoping!

halostarbucks

New

Post by halostarbucks » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:22 pm

I spoke to an admissions officer at Washburn, she said that it would not be a problem for anything excpet Financial Aid and it might cause 25% of my aid to be held until the degree is posted on my transcript. This is bizzare, how the hell do they come up with 25%? While this seems random and arbitrary I am overjoyed as I can attend classes January 4 and 75% of my loans should more than get me by for a few weeks/months.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”